Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Need Headlight, Drivers side

Johnson1989

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR
Good Afternoon everyone,

First post here, wish it was under better circumstances... I recently purchased an XLR from Jersey and I'm desperately looking for a drivers side headlight in decent condition. I've called nearly every major junkyard coast to coast and no luck so far. Plenty of passenger sides but no drivers. Ebay is a no go as well. Does anyone know where I could find one, or have an extra available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Headlights

There is a pair of headlights for sale on craigslist Phoenix for $200 each under auto parts.

I believe the driver side is the harder of the two to locate. Both are NOT available from gm stopped making. :( keep on the search and scoop it up if you find a good one cause theirs acouple member here also on the same hunt. Good luck
I have seen pictures on ebay of a wrecked xlr that was selling parts and it had two good headlights but were not listed. I would contact the seller and ask direct knowing he has one he's parting out.

There is a pair of headlights for sale on craigslist Phoenix for $200 each under auto parts.

knowing what I've found through this forum I would buy them up!!! If their in good shape no crazing or cracked outer lense buy them. They will be sold in minutes for three times that.
Forget this I'm logging off going to CL Arizona :wave:

Thank you both for the quick replies! Really appreciate you finding those lights in Phoenix XLRAL. I called the ad and left a message, here's to hoping they're still available! I'll update the thread if and when I purchase lights, until then please continue posting if you have any ideas, I need all the help I can get.

Big shout out to XLRAL, the guy from Phoenix called me back and we made a deal. $500 shipped for the pair and they look almost brand new. Again, much appreciated!

Everyone, please feel free to continue posting on this thread if any others are found available. We all know how rare these lights are and I'm sure someone else could use a nudge in the right direction.

Headlights

Im so happy for you. Now only if i can find me some used shocks i will be happy. Lol

If anyone has a defective headlight that would donate to the cause would be much appreciated.
My idea is to try and separate the lens to see about altering the crazed lens. My headlights are perfect so I don't wanna tamper with. I would like to smoke out the reflectors in mine, but I would have to be 110% confident with the process before attempting. But someone with experience doing so would be a good source for the community. I'm willing to try. I will pay for shipping and am willing to pay but not bent over. If interested give me a pm. Thanks tim:wave:

When I had my Toyota MR2 Spyder, people were slow baking the lenses in their ovens to soften the sealant, then pulled apart the housing from the lens. They were blacking out the housings since everything was chrome, then putting them back together, baking again, then pushing the assemblies back together to reseal them. I never did get around to it, but they were having success doing it.

Hire a boat in a bottle maker to do it through a hole drilled out in the crazed lens. :lol:

If anyone has a defective headlight that would donate to the cause would be much appreciated.
My idea is to try and separate the lens to see about altering the crazed lens. My headlights are perfect so I don't wanna tamper with. I would like to smoke out the reflectors in mine, but I would have to be 110% confident with the process before attempting. But someone with experience doing so would be a good source for the community. I'm willing to try. I will pay for shipping and am willing to pay but not bent over. If interested give me a pm. Thanks tim:wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom