Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

NEED HELP .....2006 XLR How to use key to access trunk

Al M

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR
For the first time, I had to store our 2006 XLR, w/o a trickle charger. Now I unhook the battery, and realize I can't gain access with the fob.
Then I was advised I would find the key access under the trunk lid, facing the ground. All I saw was two small lights and a rubber rectangular grommet in the middle, that I removed, but it wqas a sensor. Still no key hole and hope I haven't ruined the sensor. Can anyone help me with this?
I appreciate anything that anyone can help with.

It’s on the bumper on the driver side - there’s a square you’ll have to pop out. The keyhole is under that. Stand back from the bumper & look, you should see it.

It’s p. 2-14 in the manual, with this description: “The key cylinder is located behind a cover on the lower rear fascia on the driver’s side of the vehicle. Use the key to pry open the door to access the key cylinder.”
Manual is here: https://www.xlr-net.com/specs/2006/2k06xlr.pdf

you really need two people to be safe opening the trunk. when you turn the key it just pops the trunk latch but if your rubber stoppers are gone the trunk does not raise enough to get your fingers under it. DONOT try to open the trunk straight up as normal car. you need to sort of lean back and pull the trunk towards you as you lift .If not you can break off the corners of the trunk if the struts are not in perfect condition .

you really need two people to be safe opening the trunk. when you turn the key it just pops the trunk latch but if your rubber stoppers are gone the trunk does not raise enough to get your fingers under it. DONOT try to open the trunk straight up as normal car. you need to sort of lean back and pull the trunk towards you as you lift .If not you can break off the corners of the trunk if the struts are not in perfect condition .
That's very helpful advice. It is greatly appreciated.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom