Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Missing parts: Trunk retainer for carpet parts

the above fasteners are interior trim Asian and fit into a plastic or metal clip that actually has the teeth on the receiver clip to bite into the groves of the fastener shown In the box above. they will not hold when pressed into a steel hole. Takes a Christmas tree type and the best place to look for one with a bigger head is like I emailed you. BMW or Mercedes hood pad clips. Wurth has them. any good Collison shop will have an assortment you can check and will most likely give you a few or at least a number off them to match up to. We would here in the states and I bet Germany is the same. They want your future Collison business.

Good to know, thank you!

Well, there's 6 thousand and some other choices in the link so I'm sure something in there will be spot on.

That said, the amount of time 'we' have spent on this is verging on ridiculous. By this point, a guy could have had some beautiful titanium fasteners custom made - to fit in to beautiful titanium receptacles (custom made). Ah, no fun in that though...or is there. :lol:

the above fasteners are interior trim Asian and fit into a plastic or metal clip that actually has the teeth on the receiver clip to bite into the groves of the fastener shown In the box above. they will not hold when pressed into a steel hole. Takes a Christmas tree type and the best place to look for one with a bigger head is like I emailed you. BMW or Mercedes hood pad clips. Wurth has them. any good Collison shop will have an assortment you can check and will most likely give you a few or at least a number off them to match up to. We would here in the states and I bet Germany is the same. They want your future Collison business.

Würth is a manufacturer, you can't buy any fasteners directly from them. And the shops: They can only order it with the unique parts number, they can not even search for it in their computer without numbers. Believe me, I AM from Germany and this is not my first car.
I ordered all the ones Ian recommended from China and hopefully one type will fit.

Yes sometimes it's crazy😁

Good to know, thank you!

Well, there's 6 thousand and some other choices in the link so I'm sure something in there will be spot on.

That said, the amount of time 'we' have spent on this is verging on ridiculous. By this point, a guy could have had some beautiful titanium fasteners custom made - to fit in to beautiful titanium receptacles (custom made). Ah, no fun in that though...or is there. :lol:

Würth is a manufacturer, you can't buy any fasteners directly from them. And the shops: They can only order it with the unique parts number, they can not even search for it in their computer without numbers....

Hi Sammy,
Interesting behavior from Wurth shops in Germany... not exactly cooperative! Most auto parts stores in my area will let you sit and read their catalogs (paper) and some often have sample articles to see physically in big binders or mounted on wall cards.

In any case, I just looked and here's Wurth Canada's online catalog selection if you'd like to 'tour' their offerings:
Catalogue

For fasteners: https://www.wurth.ca/media/en/documents/catalogue/sections/fasteners.pdf . It is extensive!

Gord :)

For what it's Würth...

Hi again Sammy,

I was sitting here (cold winter morning), enjoying a coffee and looking through the Würth fasteners catalog. Curiously nothing that matched 100% dimensionally to the sample...but...

Wurth Page 181.jpg

If you choose, I think now you could approach your Würth reseller if you wish. :)

all this over a part the dealer can still order from GM for less than a buck each. . We have several German Mercedes techs here that used to work In Germany. Collison shops there stock thousands of clips in inventory as many clips are universal. They don't order clips by number from the factory except in rare instances. Wurth, Aveco ,3M all stocks cabinets full of clips and a tech would take about 1 minute to match it up. But ebay china clips are good if they can ship when the coronavirus gets cured. I have had about 4 orders of items canceled from China. For anyone ordering look to see if you can find a seller that stocks them in the USA or in Germany or where ever you live instead of shipping direct. You may get them that way

you dont have to buy from wurth I just stated they make an excellent clip. Aveco and 3m also do as others that collision shops stock. No they are not going to look up a clip over the phone But if you walk in and say I need 5 clips like this I know German techs here and they are very willing to help anyone .Maybe they don't be so friendly and helpful when they live in Germany.

Quote: "it helps to give a website not half info that leads to nowhere!"

Apparently you have never been inside a auto parts store like Autozone, O'Reillys, Advanced Auto Parts, NAPA, Carquest, etc and are unfamiliar with what products are available inside these stores. DORMAN HELP products
have been on display in auto parts stores for decades to help customers find small or difficult to find auto items.
So you say I led you to "nowhere" because I didn't provide you with a instant website link. After reading my post, a real capable DIY person looking to find info on a part or item would have done a 'search' on their computer with the text 'DORMAN HELP products' that I provided, and found the weblink within seconds. Some car owners we just can't help if they expect one to do all the work for them.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom