Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! need to replace the dash pad on my 06.

Cad69

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR-V Infared/shale
Any removal tips??? I think it only has 4 fasteners

I think you need to remove the windshield post covers first, the drivers side has the microphone in it so be careful removing the wires. My memory is a little fuzzy on this but I believe you need to remove the center stack face plate because there is a screw holding down the dash cover by the air duct. Also be careful when you lift the cover, you need to detach the light sensor, rotate it and it will drop out. If you don't have a set of trim removal tools get some, they are cheap at Harbor Freight and they make the job much easier. That's all I remember just go slow and don't let that light sensor fall down into the dash, you may never find it again. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Bought a used one in great shape from J&J XLR parts in the Carolinas. I also put the new ceramic film on the windshield to hopefully protect the replacement.

I think you need to remove the windshield post covers first, the drivers side has the microphone in it so be careful removing the wires. My memory is a little fuzzy on this but I believe you need to remove the center stack face plate because there is a screw holding down the dash cover by the air duct. Also be careful when you lift the cover, you need to detach the light sensor, rotate it and it will drop out. If you don't have a set of trim removal tools get some, they are cheap at Harbor Freight and they make the job much easier. That's all I remember just go slow and don't let that light sensor fall down into the dash, you may never find it again. Good luck and let us know how it works out.
Thanks for the the help....much appreciated. Have the tools....always do my own maintenance and repairs except upholstery and paint and body.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom