Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New member in need of favor (rear bumper key cover)

Nerkpowers - I have tried them - no go. I have tried several suppliers that show in stock but none had the part. But thanks so much for the info!!

wrong part number

the above listing is the wrong part number . You need part number
25844551 for an 09. Dealership says they show 2 on special order. I will make a call Monday to see what I can find out for you

LTSally,

I did realize the part number was not mine but when I had previously contacted those suppliers I had requested the correct part number. But thanks for watching out for me!! I will wait to hear what you find from your dealership!!! I know mine could find nothing. Thank you so much!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

Thank you for your response Grand Daddy, but I was noting that the part number for the hole cover for my '09 is different than the hole cover part number for '05 so I was wondering if the dimensions or anything else would be different about it. Just wondering why the part numbers would be different if the parts were the same.

Someone told me that the difference between the bases and supercharged or bases and 09’s are the 09’s have a lower sleeker stance. But I could be wrong.
If any 09 owners are on here they could probably tell you if that statement is right or wrong. But I thought that’s what they told me the difference is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would make sense then why the body parts have different numbers. I will have to do some research - my curiosity is peaked!
Thanks Hawkeye!

Hello, I have a 3d printer also.
Would you be willing to share your file?
I use sketchup and was going to do the same thing.

Key Hole Door

I have a file for a 3d Printer that I can send to you and you can have one made. Most high schools have 3d printers so maybe you could get a student to make you one.
Key_Door (3).jpgKey_Door (2).jpgKey_Door (1).JPG

Hi Ronald34275, I never did get a 3-d printed one - took it to body shop to get a paint touch up and they made us one - somehow. It matches paint etc. but they say if we need to use it it will need to be remade-but will work for now!

For the purest’s out there, a couple of new GM ones are listed on eBay for about $75. Search 12335690

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom