Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Member--- RICK

RICK

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Xenon Blue
Hello, RICK here from the Hood Canal area of Washington State. My wife Lis and I are the owners of a Xenon Blue (19U) 2004 XLR. other than some (dreadfully gaudy) aftermarket rims she is 100% as built. less than 46k miles.
So, I'd like to return to stock rims. Perhaps upsize to the 19x8.5" from my OE size of 18". Any feedback on this as far as drivability?
Also, "everyone" is telling me to add the sway bar. Is this a rear bar?, or front? And, what are the advantages, prices, sources?

Anyhow, hello again. Im glad to add this to my list of interests. As we live in Washington state on the water, I'm involved with boating in a big way and have been riding motorcycles for 50 years.

Cheers!
RICK

Congrats on your purchase hope she treats you good. The v model actually comes with a 19x8.5 and they work great. I actually have my stock base model wheels. If you or anyone is interested I have the seven spoke rims with the original run-flats along with sensors still mounted and avaliable. The tires have 5k on them with a lot of tread. The only thing is they are old considering manufacture date. There are no cracks. I'll sell all four for 400 rims,tires,and sensors. If interested pm me and we will figure it out. Good luck:thumbsup

Welcome. If you are considering run flats, keep in mind there is limited availability of run flat tires in size for XLR-v

reply...Wow Stella......

Congrats on your purchase hope she treats you good. The v model actually comes with a 19x8.5 and they work great. I actually have my stock base model wheels. If you or anyone is interested I have the seven spoke rims with the original run-flats along with sensors still mounted and avaliable. The tires have 5k on them with a lot of tread. The only thing is they are old considering manufacture date. There are no cracks. I'll sell all four for 400 rims,tires,and sensors. If interested pm me and we will figure it out. Good luck:thumbsup

Wow Stella, Sounds like we can all be made happy here. Can you forward info, pictures to kilowattt@comcast.net?
RICK

Hi Stella, I hope this reply gets through to you. I want to see your wheels/ tires.! could you send the information and some pictures to kilowattt@comcast.net?
RICK

Hello, RICK here from the Hood Canal area of Washington State. My wife Lis and I are the owners of a Xenon Blue (19U) 2004 XLR. other than some (dreadfully gaudy) aftermarket rims she is 100% as built. less than 46k miles.
So, I'd like to return to stock rims. Perhaps upsize to the 19x8.5" from my OE size of 18". Any feedback on this as far as drivability?
Also, "everyone" is telling me to add the sway bar. Is this a rear bar?, or front? And, what are the advantages, prices, sources?

Anyhow, hello again. Im glad to add this to my list of interests. As we live in Washington state on the water, I'm involved with boating in a big way and have been riding motorcycles for 50 years.

Cheers!
RICK

Very big welcome!

The sway bar is on the rear - you already have one on the front, & if you had a V you would already have one on the rear. You can get a XLR-V sway bar & plug & play it in the base. Info is here: https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...waybar-parts-list-04-09-a.html?highlight=Sway. I made this switch & the car handles much better, rear end stays put instead of hopping when you hit bumps on curves (for example). It's a much more planted ride & so easy to do its a no-brainier. If I remember correctly the sway bar is about $100.

:wave:

Congrats Rick

Cheers!
RICK

Hey Rick....Looks like we're both brand new members. Just wanted to swap hellos, since I'm a former Hood Canal resident, myself. Northshore Road to be specific. I've since relocated to The Desert and enjoying maximum top-down weather. However, I do occasionally miss the beauty, not to mention, the fresh salmon & crab of Hood Canal.
Good luck with your XLR modifications and enjoy.
Cadzilla

Last edited:
Welcome to The Forum

Welcome. Fun cars. FYI, I don't know if you are interested or not, I have two original 06 XLR wheels (no tires) in my garage. They are marked up from curb rash, passenger side, by the prior owner. That's why I replaced them with new ones I found on line. They could be refurbished. Apparently not all that hard to do? I just wanted to keep driving at the time, and didn't deal with it.

Again, welcome. :)