Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

IAN

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 silver XLR
Hi.

I am please finally to be a new member...... I was actually readind for the past 3 Years many informations from your concerns and solutions on this site, that has help me to solve many problems on my 2004 XLR, such as the rear trunk refusing to open, the replacement of the defective headlamps and many mores.

The vehicule is an American XLR sold in Vermont, I beleive in june 2004 and sold in Chicoutimi QC ( a snow country ) then sold in Drummondville ( betwen Québec city and Montréal ) and sold to me by a GM dealer of St Hyacinthe for endind in Laval ( north of Montréal ).

Finding an XLR at a reasonnable price and low mileage it is not an easy job, but with many follow up on internet, I got this one and I am very proud of it......this XLR will become a collection car in the coming generations and I plan to keep in fine order for my little son..... as for the preservation of a vintage car.

Enough for now......can I ask you to be patient with my writing as I am a francophone and some time the meaning of the words could mean differently for anglophones,

Happy to be on board

IAN :)

Bonsoir Ian. Congratulations on your XLR! And nice to see you on this Forum. Also, believe me, as an Anglophone member from North of the border, if I could write en Francais as well as you can in English, I would feel proud!

IAN reply

Bonsoir Ian. Congratulations on your XLR! And nice to see you on this Forum. Also, believe me, as an Anglophone member from North of the border, if I could write en Francais as well as you can in English, I would feel proud!

Thanks for your friendly welcome.

Welcome!

I am a newbie as well, but I do agree that that there is a wealth of information and really friendly and helpful people here. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Take care!

IAN

I am a newbie as well, but I do agree that that there is a wealth of information and really friendly and helpful people here. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. Take care!

Absolutly....

All the ones who were given informations are realy helpfull.....the one that I am the most impress is ccClark, with his precision on the the XLR problems....he is very generous with the detailed and easy readind solutions.

This site should be reading by GM Cadillac senoir in order to come up with less expensives solution$$$$$.for the repair of the XLR

Thanks for the welcome :)

Welcome aboard! Don't worry about your writing, francophone or anglophone, it doesn't matter - as long as your XLRophone we're all speaking the same language! :thumbsup

Anyway, enjoy being a member!

IAN reply

Welcome aboard! Don't worry about your writing, francophone or anglophone, it doesn't matter - as long as your XLRophone we're all speaking the same language! :thumbsup

Anyway, enjoy being a member!

Thanks a lot.

As an XLR enthousiasm I am giving you an XLRating of 12 on 10.

Welcome to a fellow Canadian!
Canada rocks.jpg

Hi.

I am please finally to be a new member...... I was actually readind for the past 3 Years many informations from your concerns and solutions on this site, that has help me to solve many problems on my 2004 XLR, such as the rear trunk refusing to open, the replacement of the defective headlamps and many mores.

The vehicule is an American XLR sold in Vermont, I beleive in june 2004 and sold in Chicoutimi QC ( a snow country ) then sold in Drummondville ( betwen Québec city and Montréal ) and sold to me by a GM dealer of St Hyacinthe for endind in Laval ( north of Montréal ).

Finding an XLR at a reasonnable price and low mileage it is not an easy job, but with many follow up on internet, I got this one and I am very proud of it......this XLR will become a collection car in the coming generations and I plan to keep in fine order for my little son..... as for the preservation of a vintage car.

Enough for now......can I ask you to be patient with my writing as I am a francophone and some time the meaning of the words could mean differently for anglophones,

Happy to be on board

Welcome to the best xlr forum. How many mi/km on your dream machine?

IAN reply

Welcome to the best xlr forum. How many mi/km on your dream machine?

Hi.

Thanks for the welcome.....

The XLR GM flagship had about 35000m ( Not bad for a car of 7 year old then ) and now it has 60,000 miles, it was easy to do the convertion in kilometers via the center information dialogue unit, only the speedometer facia panel remain at 160 (miles) indicating that this is obviously an american version.....Its color is light silver with shale interior like the one use in the GM advertising on TV and in the sales brochures.

At the purchase the engine was running a bit rough, du to the use of low grade fuel for some times, the fuel injectors were than clean (of course by a Cadillac Dealer ) and the 94 octane fuel was use since.... now the engine runs very smooth, with good gas mileage.

What I like the most of this car is, its rocket acceleration in the entries of the autoroutes, what a pleaure to steps on it ( some times ) ...guest....my wife love it.

A please XLR owner.

Welcome

Hi Ian,

Welcome to The Xlr Site. That's really cool that you are going to hang onto the car and keep it for your Son. :) I know that if anyone can provide you information whenever needed here, they'd be pleased to do so.

Again, welcome and congrats!

IAN reply

Thanks a lot

Years go by very quickly and the XLR has to be a collectible roadster for the futur.....Cadillac has not build to many of this type model.....yes I will be pleased to live it to the family when I will be away.

My little son loves car like his grandpa it is a natural to do so.

Regards
IAN:thumbsup

Hi Ian,

Welcome to The Xlr Site. That's really cool that you are going

to hang onto the car and keep it for your Son. :) I know that if anyone can provide you information whenever needed here, they'd be pleased to do so.

Again, welcome and congrats!

new owner

Hi ya'll My name is Marcus Hawthorne I'm also a new owner of a beautiful 05 Xenon blue XLR with only 39826 miles on it and I'm loving it. Have always driven vettes in the past but now i'm enjoying the ride of the caddy. I have researched my car and only found 22 made like my. Looking forward to meeting some of ya'll around. Hopefully ya'll will have a events near Nashville,TN. This would be a great places to have a event here so close to Bowlingreen, KY. Have a nice day and thanks for reading

thank you
Marcus R Hawthorne
Murfreesboro, TN :wave:

Welcome Marcus. Good choice in color for your XLR. Check out the events section on this forum for upcoming get togethers. Look forward to meeting you.

Hopefully y'all will have an event near Nashville,TN. This would be a great place to have a event here so close to Bowling Green, KY.

Marcus R Hawthorne
Murfreesboro, TN :wave:

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome!

We actually had a great get-together in Fall of 2013 at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant. You would have really enjoyed it!

Perhaps in the future you can help plan an event in the Nashville area. Several members have expressed a desire to visit the area and enjoy our beautiful XLRs along with the great variety of things to see and do there.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom