Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New mid-engine XLR???

Hadn't seen that. It could make sense for a middy. GM jumps on it and makes a limited run just like the XLR. Wait and see, I guess

Then 9 years later you won't be able to get headlights for your $170,000 cadillac.

Wonder how many people would actually drive them anyway?

Then 9 years later you won't be able to get headlights for your $170,000 cadillac.

Wonder how many people would actually drive them anyway?

They'll be mothballed like most of the Ford GT supercars. Leno will have 1 of every color in his garage, no doubt

You guys must've missed the thread in Off Topic, Daily Chat about the key FOB. We've brought the subject up before.

Last edited:
More info released late last night. Seems like there is some truth to the rumor. It appears the link I put up has been deleted from the Corvette forum. Oh well, we'll have to wait.

Last edited:
Earlier this morning (Sunday, 11th) The Corvette forum also had a thread about the vet become another stand alone car from GM, (Buick, Olds, Pontiac) and that a Caddy C8 would be out. And that thread was deleted also! I was going to copy it and put the post in here, but now it's gone! Next time I see something, I'll copy, paste and post before it gets deleted!

Last edited:
Glad I left it on the screen to read later...

More info released late last night. Seems like there is some truth to the rumor. It appears the link I put up has been deleted from the Corvette forum. Oh well, we'll have to wait.

This one? ;)

"Hello everyone,

I have a lot of information about the C8 Corvette and a lot of other stuff that pertains to it. I'm not going to reveal where I got the information from, and if this turns into another flame thread, or goes off topic, I will just tell the moderators to lock or delete it.

With that being said, here we go. This is perhaps the biggest piece of info I have for you: Corvette is splitting off into its own brand in the next few years, which I think is a great idea. Think about it: nobody says "ChevroletCorvette" or "ChevyCorvette", they say "Corvette". This will alllow the Corvette to move further up market and allow several models in it's product portfolio. There will also be a CorvetteSUV within the next 5 years. Think Porsche, but as really premium Chevrolet (I'm not talking about Cadillac lol, we'll get to that later!).

Next up. The C8 is not a mid engine car! What's that car driving around then? That's the new 2020 Corvette Zora Stingray. (GM will begin breaking off Corvette from Chevy with this model, which makes it even more revolutionary than it already is. They are also starting it out as a base car with the traditional Corvette trim structure (Stingray, GS, Z06, ZR1), those trim levels will also be present on future models in the Corvette lineup such as the SUV). The new Zora Stingray will start at about $77K. It will be revealed at the 2019 NY Auto Show in March. The car will start production on June 30, 2019. This is a historic date because the first C1 Corvettes began rolling off the line on June 30, 1953. Also GM does not want to string along buyers for a long time due to this being a global car and they want to attract a more upper class clientele, hence the short time between reveal and production. This is why the plant has not been open to tours for a while and tours are still suspended indefinitely. The Zora Stingray will be available with a 7 speed dual clutch Tremec transmission. The Coupe will be fixed roof and the convertible will be dubbed Spider, nodding to high end convertible Euro supercars. The Spider will be a folding hardtop. The Zora will come standard with a manualtransmission. This car will be truly revolutionary and I assure you it is gorgeous in person. I have not only seen it but was taken for a short drive in one. The car is absolutely fantastic. The Zora Stingray will have an over 500HP LT1. A Zora Z06 will follow as a 2021 model with over 700HP.

The moment you might have been waiting for... what is then C8 then? The C8 is going to be a 2022 model FE car. It will ride on the Alpha II platform of the 7th gen Camaro. It will share only the chassis, so don't worry, it will retain its fiberglass body and will look nothing like the Camaro. GM is entering a new age of parts sharing, so the C8 Corvette, 7th Gen Camaro as well as other cars will share the new Alpha II platform. The ME Corvette Zora, C8 FE Corvette, 7th gen Camaro, and the future CorvetteSUV will share interior parts, engines and some other mechanical bits. The C8 Corvette will cater to the diehard Corvettefans, those that don't want an ME Corvette, those that want a FE car, and those that can't afford the Corvette Zora. It will retain the classic Corvette way. The Zora will cater to those that want an ME car, higher level clientele that want an ME car to drive in the elements while the Ferrari stays at home, and many other types of people. The Zora will also pay tribute to Zora Duntov, the father of the Corvette and who wanted the Corvette to go ME a long time ago. The C8 Corvette will retain traditional Corvette ethos. It will start about about $57K, be standard with a manualtransmission, be available with a version of the Zora DCT and the convertible will be the traditional rag top. It will be a 2022 mode year car, which is why you dont see it testing yet. GM doesn't want you to know it exists, and wants all the hype on the ME Zora. It will begin real world testing soon after the Zora Stingray reveal.

Now for the Cadillacpart. The reason you saw the key fob recently leaked is because there will be a ME Cadillac flagship car based on the Corvette Zora and it will begin real world testing out in public in a few months. They will look nothing alike, and have very different interiors. The Cadillac ME will be a 2022 car, be folding hardtop convertible only and will have the Zora Z06 engine and DCT only.

All 3 of these cars will be built in the now massive recently renovated
Corvette plant in Bowling Green Kentuck​​​y. There will be 2 production lines, the Zora and C8 FE built on one line and the Cadillac ME built on the other. The Cadillac ME will start at about $98K.

If you have any questions, please comment. I know this goes against a lot of stuff people currently believe. Please do not turn this into a flame thread, or I will have if locked. Have a nice day!"

This one? ;)
"

Yea! Where'd you get that from? It was on the vet forum, but got deleted. Is it true? Your guess is as good as anyone else!! There were people also saying that this post was just a big "spoof". So who knows?! Time will tell use what the true facts are! When GM releases the car.

Here we go again!! Don't think it's true but what the heck! We can dream of a new caddy coming out! This is out of the CorvetteForum today.

Hello again everybody. I apologize for the thread I started, but I will have you know that what I stated is what I believe will happen. The way I made it was to troll... the trolls, such as Zerv02. Also to clear up some other stuff, I admitted it was a joke and asked for the mods to close the thread, which they did. Why it was deleted, I don't know. Also, we dont have much excitement going on right now so that's another reason I started it.

Anyways, here is what I think will happen: the C8 will be the successor to the C7, a front engine car, carrying on the traditional Corvette roots. It will come out as a 2022 model. The mid engine car we see driving around is the Corvette Zora. It is a "tribute" to Zora Duntov, and a whole new model alongside the C7, as well as the C8 when it comes out. The Zora will start off in traditional Corvette fashion as a base model, Zora Stingray. It will be available with a manual, DCT, and as a folding hardtop convertible. It will start at about $73K, while the C8 will start at around $57K. They will share parts, such as engines and transmissions as well as other things. The C8 will be on the 7th gen Camaro platform, and the Cadillac ME will be a flagship car for Cadillac, starting at about $95K. It will be a 2021 model year car, DCT and folding hardtop convertible only and will have the engine from the 2022 Corvette Zora Z06. I think Corvette will be breaking off into it's own brand for better brand identity, going upmarket, etc I also think there will be a Corvette SUV eventually, also using the Corvette model structure such as Stingray, GS, Z06, ZR1, etc.

The reason I believe this will happen is because Corvette will move upmarket, there will be a Vette for everyone, Corvette will have a ton more sales, tons of parts sharing going on, I could go on and on. Also BG has had a huge expansion. So far the only additional thing they are doing besides Corvettes is the 2019 CT6-V engine. If I'm not mistaken, the plant has either doubled or tripled in size with the renovation. If you have any questions in my theory please ask. This thread will be more of a peaceful one, with discussion going on.

Also, to clear up something else: I assure you that I'm not another account run by the same person as the other account such as Zervo02. I dont intend to be a troll and I hope that i can continue threads like this in the future with peaceful discussion going on. Have a nice day

Edit: A lot of guys on that forum are blasting this guy as a hoax, so take it with a grain of salt. But I can dream of a new Caddy!!

Chad

Last edited:
The "up market" car will be the Cadillac version of the C8. It will be 20k to 40k more than the most expensive version of the C8 corvette.

GM can't sell Camaro's, they aren't coming out with a "cheaper" corvette, they will keep the C8 within $10k of the current C7 it will replace.

GM isn't going to mess with corvette sales until they have a problem with sales, which they won't have. It's going to sell like hotcakes. For every "purist" that doesn't buy one because of the mid engine, they will gain 2 people who would never have looked at a corvette before because of it.

Go talk to the big corvette dealerships. They have a lot of people with already waiting in line with high dollar deposits. It's going to be sold out for the next 2 years. Resale value will be $20k over MSRP for that time.

If you imagine GM is going to kill Cadillac sales by coming out with a "Corvette" lineup, you underestimate their intelligence.

GM just got rid of a bunch of duplication by dropping entire brands, they aren't about to start building brands again.

Mid Engine Cadillac

GM, as of a few days ago, quoted they will drop several sedans in the near future. One of those is the Cadillac CT6 in 2019. What's interesting about the CT6, Cadillac will produce a 2019 CT6 V version for its last year of production. The V version engine called Blackwing is a twin turbo 4.2L up to 550hp & 627lbs of torque exclusively built for Cadillac. Where is the engine being built? You guessed it, BOWLING GREEN by hand. GM is on the record that the engine is an EXCLUSIVE Cadillac product and will continue production of the engine AFTER 2019. That being the case, we just may see another Cadillac out of Bowling Green. Guaranteed it will have less horsepower than the mid engine Corvette, just like the supercharged XLR. The pictured Cadillac key FOB with the retractable top feature and the Blackwing engine, I'm just connecting the dots. :)

Last edited:
new corvette

lots of people will like it but sales will not reflect the interest. sure there is always the few that have to be first . But after its out and the problems with teething occur. the old 2018 will demand higher prices and people will hold on to them. In the price range of the new corvette their is a lot of competition. It will not sell but about 1/2 the numbers of the current model. That's a lot of money for a one and done V motor .It will find a home in something

Carnac the Magnificent ,,,

I will believe it when I see it! Not until then.....

I agree .I dont belive in Air, Santa or the tooth fairy as I cannot see them. :lol: Gm is going to have to come up with something. They will be seeking another bailout in 3-4 years .

We'll let's expand on the scenario that the mid-engine Cadillac roadster is more than similar to our beloved XLR's in styling and overall design. How does this "reborn"XLR affect the value of the ones we own and love? James

I like

Now thats a thought . MAybe people would like the new 180,000 caddilac but settle for a xlr at abargain price of say double what they are bringing now. I sort of hope that one works out.

Mid engine Cadillac

YouTube ............. :dunno:

^ Chris Draper video information. I still say > I'll believe it when I see it actually produced........ Not just a car show Concept car...

Mid-engine Cadillac

Pure Zen,

Thank you for posting Chris Draper's youtube video. I think his commentary is worthy of our time to watch. Clearly, GM would not send out the key fobs if they did not want to churn some interest in two new Cadillac/Corvette products. What seems so odd is what is so apparent-- G.M. has announced it is dropping most of its passenger sedan line as a cost cutting approach to the American market shift to SUV products--- so why develop two other high end low production sport roadsters? While we can only speculate, it's sometimes very hard not to sound cynical when so much production effort is expended in an exceptional product (i.e. the XLR), and then the product is abandon. Apparently, this will be the case with the CT6 as well as the ATS. These products are very exceptional, yet, they are hard sells for most wealthy Americans who would prefer to spend their $$$$ on foreign products. Again, thank you for posting, Happy day, James

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom