Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New mid-engine XLR???

USA 1

As long as production numbers and sales increased for the C7 Corvette,,,,GM/Chev is making profit in building them.

Production numbers:

C7 2016 40,689
C7 2015 34,240
C6/C7 2014 37,288
C6 2013 13,466
C6 2012 11,647

The dealers will NOT being giving away the new C8's .......look for big 'mark-ups' over MSRP and those buyers willing to pay the price to own them.

I believe its wrong for Chev and FORD to discontinue to build sedan models in favor of mostly SUV's, Hybrids, and Electrics.... but they make the decisions concerning only their bottom line of profits

I'm sure Henry Ford rolled over in his grave when FORD announced their decision recently...

If new rumors are to be believed it seems we might see the de-coupling of Bowling Green output from Chevy exclusivity.

What guesses can we make now?

We are pretty sure a version of the Blackwing engine is going in to the C8.

GM didn't spend money to make a Cadillac key-fob for the C8 without actually selling the thing through Cadillac dealerships.

More rumors say we may see the C8 being sold by other GM dealer lines. With some changes.

So I can see a possibly less boy racer version of the C8, with some other name, that has it's own name on it, without "Cadillac" on it either.

Probably with a higher end more luxurious interior, probably with the Cadillac entertainment system, 20something speakers, with the hard top "convertible", that has probably new front and rear facias with a different hood and a non-HotV version of the Blackwing engine, being sold with a premium. And with Super Cruise. The cars that were seen driving with only vinyl zebra on them, one was the hard top, and did have sensors that probably were needed for Super Cruise.

THIS is probably the $140k C8 people have been hinting at. It's still a C8, but "Cadillacized" with Cadillac pricing.

The question is, how far along was it's development? Did they actually make orders through OEM parts manufacturers? If not, we may never see this and plans may have changed.

It would be a good plan for GM, if the Cadillac version doesn't pan out, they can still move some of it's developed options to the Chevy version in the future.

sales

I don't think they will sell 10,000 of them in 2019. The c7 should have at least another 2 good years on it before needing to be replaced Gm seems to be pushing the regular "vette" guys towards camaro which is not happening. Unless they build this in at least two designs they will not make any money on it. Too many parts not shared with anything else. Think VIPER! and how that worked for Chrysler. Going to be interesting to see.

Rumors

C8 copy.jpg

On another thought,,,, couldn't this FOB picture been photo shopped to stir controversy :talk:

photo shopped

could be photo shopped. But I have seen the other photos and they look real. The paper green sticker half worn off is curios to me. Thats what they put on a new one but it appears to be used and worn. I bet this was made and is being used In one of the prototypes just incase someone looks inside and sees it or the driver has it in his hands to throw people off.

Could have been photoshop? I have photoshop and that is a sloppy job of photoshop. Right now GM is in as bad of shape as they were when they were bankrupt. I would like to think I am wrong about the rumor but I seriously doubt we will ever see another Cadillac on a Corvette chassis.

look at soem other photos

this one has been copied several times. There is one out there that I highly doubt is photoshopped. May be as I have seen some really good ones but I am not sure. Dont base it on this photo. see the one on the corvette site. Without the "halo" around it

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom