Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

new owner 2009 raven black

zbc51

Hi guys, I am an new owner of a 2009 raven black car. I have some other sports cars; but i like that you don't see many xlr's around town.

The northstar was a little tame for me; so it is now a twin turbo ls3 xlr with 750 rwhp.:D:D

here ya go.

Its an awesome sleeper. Not a cheap conversion; but its awesome.:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_6967.jpg
    IMG_6967.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_7964.jpg
    IMG_7964.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_8121.jpg
    IMG_8121.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 349
Very nice welcome to the forum you're gonna love it here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I bought this car because I have a spare engine for my Corvette.

It's been very interesting to Convert the car to an LS3 motor.

I'm slowly collecting some unobtainable parts!

Zbc51
Welcome to the forum !!! Looks like the installation is complete. Let us know how the electronics goes. We have a lot of help here but I think your project is a first on this forum.
Good luck
V Happy:thumbsup

The installation is complete. All of the electronics are working. The car is getting a final tune this week and dyno!

zbc51
Impressive. Im sure most on this forum would be interest on how it all turns out. Everyone would love to hear about what was involved and any stumbling blocks you may have encountered!!!
V Happy
:thumbsup

The installation is complete. All of the electronics are working. The car is getting a final tune this week and dyno!

Please...Let us know the results

I'm curious as to how long this project has taken you to do.

The actual swap took about 40 hrs to complete.
removing northstar
making a custom engine harness
installing ttix c6 corvette turbo kit/ls3 install

The planning started last fall after i removed my forged 416" ls3 to have it freshened up.

I actually took a while to find the appropriate xlr to do the conversion to. Most 2009's were just to expensive. I got a deal on mine because it needed some basic tlc.

It's apparently one of 58 cars made that year.

Im selling the stock engine in the parts forum.

It's sort of funny; I have bought a lot of spare parts for this car ie. headlights and tail light and bumper fascias....I'm keeping it for a while.

The actual swap took about 40 hrs to complete.
removing northstar
making a custom engine harness
installing ttix c6 corvette turbo kit/ls3 install

The planning started last fall after i removed my forged 416" ls3 to have it freshened up.

I actually took a while to find the appropriate xlr to do the conversion to. Most 2009's were just to expensive. I got a deal on mine because it needed some basic tlc.

It's apparently one of 58 cars made that year.

Im selling the stock engine in the parts forum.

It's sort of funny; I have bought a lot of spare parts for this car ie. headlights and tail light and bumper fascias....I'm keeping it for a while.

So the LS3 motor will fit up to the Transmission or did that need to be adapted?

Everything is Bolt in. The LS3 requires the Corvette torque tube however

nice work, i bet theres a ton of older xlr's that would be great donor cars.
did you keep stock suspension? reason i ask is the base/platinum xlr didnt have the sport mode when you switched to the tiptronic...
the V had a sport mode that engaged and stiffened up the suspension in tiptronic mode.
also ride is tuned a bit luxury, that beast is going to need a bit more control!
swapping out the base models rather than the V, that is about the only function that might have been nice to have.
and i am sure this would be backwards compatible to all of the xlr years.
any gear adjustments in the trans ?
swapping in vette brakes ? they came with on the V models...

Last edited:
nice work, i bet theres a ton of older xlr's that would be great donor cars.
did you keep stock suspension? reason i ask is the base/platinum xlr didnt have the sport mode when you switched to the tiptronic...
the V had a sport mode that engaged and stiffened up the suspension in tiptronic mode.
also ride is tuned a bit luxury, that beast is going to need a bit more control!
swapping out the base models rather than the V, that is about the only function that might have been nice to have.
and i am sure this would be backwards compatible to all of the xlr years.
any gear adjustments in the trans ?
swapping in vette brakes ? they came with on the V models...

I just completed the motor part of the swap. I did how ever upgrade the brakes to c6 z51 rotors and upgraded the suspenion with 6 z51 sway bars front and rear. I want to see how the car drives after I get my new rims. I believe I can get a 10" wide rim on the back.

I sort of like the way the electronic shocks feel. If its too soft, I can easily change the leaf springs to c6 z51 or zo6.

This wheel is ccw sp20. One pieced forged wheel. I have ccw wheels on my turbo vette. they are high quality!

CCWSP18.jpg

Also, I think early models would not be suitable due to the 5 speed trans. I think the best cars would be the 6speed cars for trans durability. Actually the non V cars have a looser torque converter which is desired with my turbo car.

Last edited:
Well, I got a call from the tuner. It took a while to get the zr1 ecm to talk to the Xlr trans computer. It's all good now.

Initial dyno results at 11 psi put down 600 rwhp and 650 rwtq. This is through the extremely restrictive stock muffler. Not bad if you consider the stock northstar puts down about 250 rwhp.

I was trying to keep the car quiet. But I think a performsnce exhaust is going to put on soon

Well, I got a call from the tuner. It took a while to get the zr1 ecm to talk to the Xlr trans computer. It's all good now.

Initial dyno results at 11 psi put down 600 rwhp and 650 rwtq. This is through the extremely restrictive stock muffler. Not bad if you consider the stock northstar puts down about 250 rwhp.

I was trying to keep the car quiet. But I think a performsnce exhaust is going to put on soon

Pretty Awesome mine came with the Corsa already installed! Absolutely no drone.... Love it! Cruz'on

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back