Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

new owner 2009 raven black

Zbc51
you deserve a lot of credit with this accomplishment. You'll love the car!
V Happy:thumbsup

Well, I got a call from the tuner. It took a while to get the zr1 ecm to talk to the Xlr trans computer. It's all good now.

Who's the tuner? I'd love to give him a call and discuss doing some other tuning work!

Who's the tuner? I'd love to give him a call and discuss doing some other tuning work!

The tuner is well known in michigan. He goes by "roadrebel" on the corvette forum. The difficult part of the swap is the electronic parts. The e67 ecm is the same as the corvette ZR1. He had to remove the northstar copmponents and load in the zr1 segments. The car now runs and drives like it had a ls9 from the factory!:reddevil

The tuner is well known in michigan. He goes by "roadrebel" on the corvette forum. The difficult part of the swap is the electronic parts. The e67 ecm is the same as the corvette ZR1. He had to remove the northstar copmponents and load in the zr1 segments. The car now runs and drives like it had a ls9 from the factory!:reddevil

Great job on the conversion! It took someone with not so much attachment to the car and a Big set. This gives mine a fighting chance to be kept. I love mine but really wish it had some way to get more out of it. Knowing a LS motor can be dropped in without hacking the parts and electronics up and maintaining all functions is awesome.
What motor mounts are used, and is the rewire game that bad or just time consuming as usual. How was space issues expectially with the turbos. Must be a blast great job!:thumbsup

Great job on the conversion! It took someone with not so much attachment to the car and a Big set. This gives mine a fighting chance to be kept. I love mine but really wish it had some way to get more out of it. Knowing a LS motor can be dropped in without hacking the parts and electronics up and maintaining all functions is awesome.
What motor mounts are used, and is the rewire game that bad or just time consuming as usual. How was space issues expectially with the turbos. Must be a blast great job!:thumbsup

Basically the C6 corvette is the donor for everything!

Harness rewire is about 10hrs of work

My entire swap took about 40 hrs of work for a professional mechanic, including building the harness.

The xlr is a great car, but the 320 hp the northstar puts out is approxiamately is about 260 rwhp. Its just not enough for myself. A stock ls3 has more hp than the supercharged northstar.

With older cars becoming cheap, its a great platform for a hot rod.

If anyone wants specific details on the swap please pm me.

If anyone needs a spare northstar; I have a good used one for sale!

I just completed the motor part of the swap. I did how ever upgrade the brakes to c6 z51 rotors and upgraded the suspenion with 6 z51 sway bars front and rear. I want to see how the car drives after I get my new rims. I believe I can get a 10" wide rim on the back.

I sort of like the way the electronic shocks feel. If its too soft, I can easily change the leaf springs to c6 z51 or zo6.

Here's my research data and results for suspension mods. I assume the Z51s all around on our cars is still gonna have a good bit of understeer.

Suspension Data for Possible Upgrade

Here's my research data and results for suspension mods. I assume the Z51s all around on our cars is still gonna have a good bit of understeer.

Suspension Data for Possible Upgrade

Interesting thread.

I jut put c6 z51 bars front and back. Definately helps with handling. I'm torturing my rear tires with the turbo ls3 right now. I think I can get a 10" wide wheel on the back and move up to some wider rubber.

I did the same with my sway bars was the second upgrade. I also went with the z51 platform and they work great. You can definitely get a ten inch tire under the rear. Offset is everything. I do know the 72 was to much. Don't quote me but I think 65 is what you want. I can look if needed. I had purchased a full set of z06 wheels originally. I ended up returning because the ones I bought had fake screws around the outer lip of rim which were plastic and I did not like that they were plastic. Two were laying in the box " what would happen after driving". :(
I'm definitely gonna look into cost on converting this is great news:thumbsup I will pm you with further question. :thumbsup

Last edited:
I did the same with my sway bars was the second upgrade. I also went with the z51 platform and they work great. You can definitely get a ten inch tire under the rear. Offset is everything. I do know the 72 was to much. Don't quote me but I think 65 is what you want. I can look if needed. I had purchased a full set of z06 wheels originally. I ended up returning because the ones I bought had fake screws around the outer lip of rim which were plastic and I did not like that they were plastic. Two were laying in the box " what would happen after driving". :(
I'm definitely gonna look into cost on converting this is great news:thumbsup I will pm you with further question. :thumbsup

sure, I could help anyone who wants to do the swap. I have the tune worked out for the e67 ecm. This solves a lot of headaches:thumbsup

okay guys, the car finally had its upgraded tune after I added the knocksensors back to the harnness. I also changed the exhaust to the corvette npp exhaust. the xlr exhaust is very restrictive!

The car put down 756 rwhp and 787 rwtq. This was with the stock fuel pump and a boostapump. I basically ran out of fuel pump and had to retard the timing at the upper end. The fuel pump upgrade is a bit of a pain, because the trans has to be dropped.

not bad for pump gas!!:reddevil

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back