Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New owners of a beautiful 2004 Crimson Pearl

Louise999

My XLR/V(s)
2004 xlr
Hello all. My husband and I our the new owners of a 2004 XLR with only 4300 miles when we bought it. I have a few questions so anyone feel free to imput. We are considering upgrading our insurance as most insurance companies go by NADA or KBB to value a car. When I put in our car it comes up valued at about half what we paid and knowing if it's ever totaled we would only get about 80% of that it really scares me. Thoughts? Companies? Thinking about Haggerty. What about parts? Is there nowhere out there that doesn't want to rip you off with replacement parts? Has anyone invested in an additional warranty that companies offer to help defer the cost of maintenance? Right now, as much as I love the car, I am afraid to drive it and fear we may have bought a whole ton of trouble. We are just average people heading towards retirement with no extra cash for expensive repairs. How do you all deal with these issues?

Congrats on your XLR and welcome to the site. There is a wealth of information on the forum. The best method for searching is through google and include XLR-net at the end of your search. For instance ‘classic car insurance xlr-net’ (on google)

Several posts pop up on this forum. Check out State Farm classic car insurance. Here is a link to their info page.
How Classic Car Insurance Works - State Farm(R)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please correct me if I’m wrong but a friend that has hagerty told me that they can only drive the car a few times a month/year because they have to keep low miles on it for them to keep it insured with them. But I could be wrong.

Hawkeye,
I told State Farm that I averaged about 3,000 miles per year and they were OK with that

My mom and I had progressive insurance but then since she’s with aarp she was able to save about 1 k with their car insurance program Hartford insurance through aarp

Hey Hawkeye,

FYI, it pleases me to tell you that 'you are wrong'. ;) Kind of joking here. Truth? You are and you are not wrong. Both. They allow you to specify your usage. I am going to post insurance info in my welcome to Louise 999. --- Hope you and your Mom are well my friend. Say HI to her for us. :wave:

Hi Louise 999 Welcome Aboard

There are several Collector Car Insurance Companies you can choose from. They do not depreciate the value of your car based on age. Probably the two best know are Grundy and Haggerty. The later is the biggest I think. I am with Grundy on my cars. They were a bit less expensive than Haggerty. They insure 100% replacement value as 'you' may specify. No deductible, and they even pay for road side assistance, towing and some temporary lodging. I have my XLR insured for $35K, and my Eldorado Convertible for $26K. I pay $680.00 a year for both vehicles. With Grundy (owned by Philadelphia Insurance Companies) you have to pay for the full year at one time. They will not allow monthly payments. Don't know on Haggerty? They will want to know how the vehicle(s) are stored? They will want you to submit a picture and the Vin# etc. Easy to sign up with either for full coverage and no depreciation due to age. You get to specify your usage when you apply and the assigned replacement value. - Hope this helps.

Again, Welcome to The XLR Site. Enjoy your car. ;)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom