Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New to the Forum

WDUTERTRE

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Red Jewel XLR 4.6 L
Hello everyone hope I can learn and keep my 2006 XLR on the road in working conditions As of now I just bought it 1 week ago everything was working ok . But now the Trunk is giving me problems .I open it today but could not close it with any of the button so I slow pull it back in place . Can any one help me with this or do I need to go to the dealer .So as of now the top is do you think I should try to put it down an see what happen let me know.I’m from Connecticut.

You might "try" one possible solution. Disconnect your battery over night, Then and reconnect and try to open the trunk again. However, it's likely you'll need to go to the dealer, as there is computer circuitry that will almost certainly provide you with a diagnosis through the service department at the Cadillac dealer. Depending on the dealership, there's a hefty charge for the diagnosis, but there's little sense in trying to fix a problem that requires sophisticated equipment to diagnose. Hope this helps. James

You might "try" one possible solution. Disconnect your battery over night, Then and reconnect and try to open the trunk again. However, it's likely you'll need to go to the dealer, as there is computer circuitry that will almost certainly provide you with a diagnosis through the service department at the Cadillac dealer. Depending on the dealership, there's a hefty charge for the diagnosis, but there's little sense in trying to fix a problem that requires sophisticated equipment to diagnose. Hope this helps. James
Thank For your suggestion but most likely I’ll have to take it to the Dealer and maybe have them do a relearn on the system to be on the safe side .

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom