Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New to the XLR Net

tbiddle

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Satin Nickel XLR
My wife and I just bought a 2004 XLR (Satin Nickel/Shale) and I am very impressed with the car. I am even more impressed with this forum. I am retired and living in The Villages, Florida and I visit several forum sites. It is great to know that there are not only fellow XLR lovers, but also so knowledgeable. I have owned dozens of cars over the years including 13 Corvettes. The only other car that impressed me with such sophistication was a white diamond STS we owned that was loaded. The XLR is a fun car. I have been sick of scrubbing convertible tops. I look forward to making this site a part of my day. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new acquisition! A wealth of information exists here and some pretty knowledgeable folks, too. :wave:

Welcome and yes you've come to a great site.good luck with your new ride,enjoy. :cool: Al

Welcome! Glad to hear you're going to make this forum a part of your day as there is a lot of information & fun stuff going on here. Hope you join in by posting too. Better yet, try to make it to some get-togethers (there are some folks from the forum going to the races at Sebring, & a few people go every year) - I've been to a few & you couldn't ask for a better group of people to be with!

Welcome!! Congratulations on your new ride. XLRs are a special car but the members on this site make them even more special. If you have any questions, I'm sure someone will know the answer or at least point you in the right direction.

Enjoy!! Mike :wave:

Welcome. Glad your part of the xlr family.
I'm up in the st aug area. Now I'm seeing more and more of these great cars driving around. Today was a top down day for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats on the XLR. Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of knowledge and great people here. I hope you can make one of the events coming up. Visit the events forum, most of them are listed there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife and I just bought a 2004 XLR (Satin Nickel/Shale) and I am very impressed with the car. I am even more impressed with this forum. I am retired and living in The Villages, Florida and I visit several forum sites. It is great to know that there are not only fellow XLR lovers, but also so knowledgeable. I have owned dozens of cars over the years including 13 Corvettes. The only other car that impressed me with such sophistication was a white diamond STS we owned that was loaded. The XLR is a fun car. I have been sick of scrubbing convertible tops. I look forward to making this site a part of my day. Thanks.
Well the most important aspect is. Get familiar with your ride. The tool that will either save you or break you is in the car. It's the emergency top torque screw driver. Because knock on wood nothing will happen but this tool will be helpful. Read the manual on emergency top. Because if you loose power in the car and a sudden rain storm pops up then..... Well let's just say hopefully you'll not be needing this. Also the emergency trunk key. Helpful again if battery dead. Make sure you at-least pop open that flap in the lower part of the rear bumper. And insert key at least once every 6 months. Also in the driver side area of trunk is the area where the "brains" of the top and the whole car functions are. If that gets wet then you are up a creak with out a paddle. Make sure that stays dry. I had some water issues and had to shell out 1100 in parts and labor. The problem was a bad weatherstrip. Oh I hope I didn't scare you to much. Oh and if you are going to leave your car unattended for a long period of time. My suggestion and probably others here will agree. Invest in a good battery tender. Our cars are built on the corvette platform. So they need to be drivin at least several times a month. This problem hit me. I came back from a trip out of the country. I went to start my car and nothing. My sis had to have her jump start it while I was gone. Even though she said she drove it around a couple times a month.

Well other then those issues hope you'll have some great topdown enjoyment.

Welcome Aboard !

Great site, great cars. For those of us who choose to freeze our butts off each winter either in Colorado, Canada, Montana, Minnesota or Chicago; maybe you'd be willing to take pitty on us in the future and post top down winter pictures from Florida? Same for you SoCal and NoCal folks.

Anyhow so much for self 'winter pitty', welcome to a great site and good people.:)

abymepe2.jpg
edadubap.jpg
here's a couple pics. Not really topdown but one cleaned xlr ready for the car shows and another car cruise in pic.

Here are some topless pics from north fl
qezahuja.jpg
udubusyb.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh, OK, I guess I Did Ask For This? - Rub It In. : )

abymepe2.jpg
edadubap.jpg
here's a couple pics. Not really topdown but one cleaned xlr ready for the car shows and another car cruise in pic.

Here are some topless pics from north fl
qezahuja.jpg
udubusyb.jpg

Gee, thanks Hawkeye. :) She is a really pretty ride. Nice to have summer pretty much year round.

Here are more topless pics. Sorry Fred..... Don't worry Fred hope that you get your baby back soon.
5y4eta4u.jpg
But like they said patience makes it better. Better to get the paint job done right then having to take her back several times.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back