Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

hi new to the site

freemont

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR v
hi there my name is Jerry and i am new to the site and have always wanted to do this so here go's..i love XLR's and have had 5 of them 3 v's and 2 coupes ...i have done lots of things to them and have lots of experience with the cars over the years..from leaky pillars to top malfunctions... i had tuned them and had many different exhausts..

2004 xlr nickel
2005 xlr baby blue
2006 xlr v red
2006 xlr v black (wreaked rear end by texting driver.. re bought it from insurance compy)
2006 alr v black

• Love Post
Reactions: Rob
hi there my name is Jerry and i am new to the site and have always wanted to do this so here go's..i love XLR's and have had 5 of them 3 v's and 2 coupes ...i have done lots of things to them and have lots of experience with the cars over the years..from leaky pillars to top malfunctions... i had tuned them and had many different exhausts..

2004 xlr nickel
2005 xlr baby blue
2006 xlr v red
2006 xlr v black (wreaked rear end by texting driver.. re bought it from insurance compy)
2006 alr v black
thanks sir

Glad to have you aboard! Looks like you've had all the model years with the most problems. I have an 08 that has not had any problems except for the center console broken hinge. That's probably due to a orevious owners carelessness.

Glad to have you aboard! Looks like you've had all the model years with the most problems. I have an 08 that has not had any problems except for the center console broken hinge. That's probably due to a orevious owners carelessness.
yeah most every one has the same issue...console lid breaks ...and water in the pillar vents

Hi Jerry. Welcome to the site. I have a rear end chatter backing out of my drive when turning the steering wheel fully clockwise (left out of driveway) I am going very slow and it sounds like a chatter and immediately goes away when I drive forward. Any ideas ? Many thank Hugh

Welcome to the forum looking forward to hearing about the tunes you have done.several of us have contacted dozens of vette and other tuners for years looking for a tune and been told no one has been able to do one on the 4.6 One shop that did the v mods did a piggy back modu!e but hey did not offer it long and very mixed opinions on if it worked or not. Would love to hear what you did. Also what did you find on changing the h pipe to a x pipe in way of sound and or power increase. Did you find someting other than the rubber drain tube being clogged on the leak. Several have said those tubes were clear and open yet they still had a leak. Thanks for your help and hope you can help the chatter issue for the above poster

Welcome aboard Jerry!!!! :cool:

i have had to purge the power steering pump and it went away

raise front wheels off the ground turn steering wheel 20 times to the left all the way and 20 times to the right all the way.

i did it the first time but it was still making noise ...i did the prosess the 2nd time and it went away

well i have tuned all 3 of the v's that i've had...2.55 in snout pulley ...i used the air intake in the photo... they don't make them any more. i forget the name..so had to just put the y pipe and filters...photo

i have spent 10 of thousands of dollars on exhaust over the years .corsa, SLP, Borla, Flowmaster all of them..but you know what? i never like any of them, .now i only do muffler delete...keep the cats and resonator and run just a straight pipe and it sounds amazing...

i have tommy wong at wongs performance in Vancouver WA tune the car he is the best around for GM tunes in my area ..it scary fast lots of power think it was 435 wheel

Attachments

• qqq.jpg
    qqq.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
  • 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 91
Well i doubt many of the members here would do a muffler delete. I wondered why d3 did a power steering pulley replacement instead of a snout pulley replacement which is much easier and cheaper. The chatter was in the rear end. The power steering noise is usually because the gear drive on the pump is stripped.

Well i doubt many of the members here would do a muffler delete. I wondered why d3 did a power steering pulley replacement instead of a snout pulley replacement which is much easier and cheaper. The chatter was in the rear end. The power steering noise is usually because the gear drive on the pump is stripped.
I honestly don't know why, but I read once that a smaller snout pulley was more prone to slipping and could require machining clearance on the SC itself. That makes an argument for changing a pulley that is a simple swap. You're way-more of an expert than I am, but that is a line I've heard before.

2004 xlr nickel
2005 xlr baby blue
2006 xlr v red
2006 alr v black
Hi,
Looks like you are quite the XLR fan!
I have a set of XLR-V wheels, though no XLR now unfortunately. Would you be interested in buying them? They have tires mounted which are no good, but are complete with center caps and tire pressure monitors. I’m near San Francisco and would sell all 4 for $750 If you could find a way to pick them up.
Cheers,
Joe (jmartino at gmail)

I honestly don't know why, but I read once that a smaller snout pulley was more prone to slipping and could require machining clearance on the SC itself. That makes an argument for changing a pulley that is a simple swap. You're way-more of an expert than I am, but that is a line I've heard before.
Thats sort of what i heard. this guys hp numbers are closevto what d3 charged close to 10 grand to get. The boost with the snout pulley is very little improvemrnt. And the corvette guys say major slippage . vety lttle area for the belt to grab. i dont know supercharges.ni like turbos. In high school our teacher said exhaust gas wss free to spin turbos but supercharges took engine power to turn them. I think now its pretty even .

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom