Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Toy

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
I was at CostCo this weekend and bought Ray a new toy ... anyone see the new Codekey readers? About the size of a pack of cigarettes, and when your service lights or check engine light comes on you can plug it into the jack under the dashboard and it "reads" and displays the error codes. It's pretty cool. Then you can go to a website and check the codes and determine if it's something you can fix or you need to have fixed. $28 If nothing else it's worth the entertainment value! :blinzel:

:wave:That would be an awesome gift, then you don't have to go in to a dealer and pay 90 or more dollars for them to tell you nothing is wrong! I may get one! Thanks for the info.
I was at CostCo this weekend and bought Ray a new toy ... anyone see the new Codekey readers? About the size of a pack of cigarettes, and when your service lights or check engine light comes on you can plug it into the jack under the dashboard and it "reads" and displays the error codes. It's pretty cool. Then you can go to a website and check the codes and determine if it's something you can fix or you need to have fixed. $28 If nothing else it's worth the entertainment value! :blinzel:

:wave:That would be an awesome gift, then you don't have to go in to a dealer and pay 90 or more dollars for them to tell you nothing is wrong! I may get one! Thanks for the info.
I have tried that in the past and the dealor will still say they have to put it on the scope.:(

Fred:wave:

I have tried that in the past and the dealor will still say they have to put it on the scope.:(

Yes ... maybe .... but you have the head's up on what code was thrown. And where the problem is ..... Lot's of these guys do some of their own work ....

It is pretty cool and I think Marc would like it ... :blinzel:

BTW Fred, just curious, we have never seen these before, where did you get yours and what brand is it??

BTW Fred, just curious, we have never seen these before, where did you get yours and what brand is it??
corvette club member had a scope also codes on the C5 will come up on the radio but like I said the dealor here will still charge you to put it on the scope and they aways say they have to do that. I think its cool that you can buy these so cheap and your right some members will work on there own car. When you have a car with all these computors you had better have the equitment to do the job. I have had a lot of shops say they can do it on the Vette and I tried it twice both times it ended up costing me more because they screwed something else up. Thats why its so nice to have Cadillac tech put out the scamatic showing how exacly to do it. One example was just recently the water pump were very lucky to have Bruce.;)

Fred:wave::wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back