Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

fireman

Hello from Switzerland🇨🇭🇨🇭👋 We are a couple, Martin and Marlene. I don't have an XLR yet, the offer in Switzerland is very rare! There are only 4 for sale at the moment, I came across the XLR more by accident. But since I own a 1998 Corvette Pace Car, it makes it very interesting for me. Me and my wife shortlisted these two. I know everything is in German😉 but maybe you can see from the pictures which one is more beautiful.
Greets Martin

https://www.autoscout24.ch/de/79564...hone&utm_medium=social_sharing&utm_source=sms

https://www.autoscout24.ch/de/73473...hone&utm_medium=social_sharing&utm_source=sms

Welcome! I also have had a few corvettes and when I first saw the XLR, I was hooked! Unique and sleek, it got me. My only advice is to understand that these are not corvettes. Parts are hard to come by so selecting a "Good One" is critical...along with a little bit of luck. Really look the car over for leaks, prior damage, etc. The headlights and taillights are not available so be sure they are working and not cracked. 1300.00 USD on Ebay if you find one. Aside from that, I have loved every minute of driving mine. Quick, responsive and a Cadillac ride in every way.

Good luck! I would be curious which one you end up with!

Hi Martin, hi Marlene...welcome! :)

While the two are lovely, my -personal- vote goes to the silver one.

I prefer the color, it has lower kilometers, it has a lower price too. Someone has modified the front grill to the XLR-V style which doesn't really score a plus or a minus - again, personally. (I actually prefer the regular grill...don't ask me why).

That said, you might do well to investigate the registry here and study the rarity of the color combinations for the 2006 model year. By example and for good or bad, that may be the only metallic blue with an ebony interior in all of Europe. If it happened to be a 1 of 1, perhaps it has some additional value if that matters to you at all.

I do hope you have read through some of the threads here regarding some of the more detailed things to look for - I can think specifically that the hydraulic pump and electrics which reside in the trunk, left lower 'pocket', should be carefully inspected for any water stains or corrosion from retaining water from leaking trunk seals or similar.

Headlights as mentioned...exceptionally costly so their condition should be carefully checked, noting any burn marks on the driving light lenses.

Taillights - check that all the strips of the LEDs do in fact illuminate.

The high-mounted brake light too however those are still readily available and actually not even terribly expensive.

Signs of shock absorber oil leaks. At around USD400 per corner... that does add up unfortunately.

I'm sure I'm forgetting things and hopefully some other members here will reply with some other points to help you make your choice. One or the other...they are lovely cars indeed.

Have fun and greetings from Canada,

Gord :thumbsup

Thanks for your tips, I'll make a list of what you've suggested. The mot the silver one said it was in top condition, but in the pictures I can see paint damage on the front and a dent in the back. Then the last service was done in 2015. When I asked why the last time 5 years ago, the seller said that the XLR belonged to a manager and that he only drove on weekends when the weather was nice. That doesn't mean that you have to wait 5 years for the service! I don't know if the Interval Service has to be changed after a year or two. What the blue one still has are PDC at the front, but it is not listed in the list. The one with the blue one hasn't contacted me yet and probably doesn't want to sell. 🤣
Greets Martin

I just looked at the production figures, the blue was 110 times and with Ebony 23. The silver 604 times and with Ebony 339 times. I tend towards the blue, because I also have a rare Corvette.

Attachments

• CD5BF918-2442-4A9A-8766-34F9FB145376.jpeg
    CD5BF918-2442-4A9A-8766-34F9FB145376.jpeg
    30.8 KB · Views: 153

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics