Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! No FOB detected

Bob M

My XLR/V(s)
Crimson Pearl - 2004 XLR
This message has displayed on the dash read out on my 2004 XLR. "No FOB Detected". The first time it happened I got my second fob to try and received the same message. I read the owners manual and put my fob in the glove box and then the car started. Everything was ok and then it happened a couple of weeks later. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY AND HOW TO FIX the problem?
Bob M :dunno:

​Put new batteries in your fobs.

This message has displayed on the dash read out on my 2004 XLR. "No FOB Detected". The first time it happened I got my second fob to try and received the same message. I read the owners manual and put my fob in the glove box and then the car started. Everything was ok and then it happened a couple of weeks later. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY AND HOW TO FIX the problem?
Bob M :dunno:

Moving this out of the Registry forum and into the correct XLR Tech Forum...

I forgot to mention that I had put in new batteries into each fob. Should I replace them again?

I forgot to mention that I had put in new batteries into each fob. Should I replace them again?

You didn't have the fob(s) in a pocket with a cell phone did you? When I do that, the cell's signal interferes with the fob's signal

thanks for your response

My keys and fob are not near my cell phone and the batteries are in correctly. The fob worked for several weeks after I put in the new batteries.
I'm still at a loss as to why my 2004 XLR displayed "no fob detected". My car has only 34000 miles on it. :dunno:

Now that we have established the fobs worked before. I would say you don't have 'fresh' batteries and you need to change them. The fobs are transmitters and your RCDL module is not receiving the transmission from the fob. When you put it in the slot in the glove box, it is at the closest point to the RCDL module for it to read the fob, that is why it works. It is best to buy your batteries from a store that has high traffic and inventory 'turns' which will have the freshest batteries. They do have shelf life, but if they sit for months or a year they are diminished.

I stand by my first post, Change your fob batteries.

My keys and fob are not near my cell phone and the batteries are in correctly. The fob worked for several weeks after I put in the new batteries.
I'm still at a loss as to why my 2004 XLR displayed "no fob detected". My car has only 34000 miles on it. :dunno:

I got new batteries from Walmart once, fob still said not recognized unless I set the fob in the cup holders (closer to the RCDLR). I only buy fob batteries from the local Batteries Plus store, they are always fresh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do believe the battery packs have a manufactured packing date you could check to see if they was packed recently or along time ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

battery dates

Thanks for your response. I'll get some new batteries and look at the date of packing rather than the expiration date of the batteries. Good idea.

thanks for some of problem answerssenarios sure helped me delcan from ontario, canada

My solution

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I had to endure the pain with this issue today and the fix was a super simple one!

So again, I had the same issue with both FOBs, new batteries, tried putting it in the glove compartment or over the ignition button. etc. Still no FOB detected. This took 2hrs.

Before this started happening I was messing with my Bluetooth transmitter hooked to the cig lighter in the arm wrest drawer; and I set it to broadcast on 105.0 FM... THIS WAS THE PROBLEM. Changed the Bluetooth frequency to 107.0 and it's working again like a charm. Figured there might be some signal cross-interference on the same frequency.

Batm.....

There is great chances that the datas system of the XLR did not recognised the signal, as an after market accessory was installed on your car.

IAN:thumbsup

Hey IAN,

I doubt that. Because once I changed the frequency, the fob was detected fine. Change frequency back in 105.0 range and you have a problem.

Batm

Bands in america and Saudi Arabia could be different, if your intertaiment system is of a US car.
FM are short signals, a 105 band in new York los Angeles or Montréal are the same, but the signals could be different.

Regards.

IAN :dunno:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry