Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Northstar V8 for 2011

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
I was told Tuesday that the Northstar V8 will be built and installed in Cadillacs up to 2011. 2010 was supposed to be the last year for the Northstar V8 and the DTS.

I'm glad to hear the N'star will be around another year. While its had its issues, it really is an awesome engine.

Chicago Dave

Sounds like they just want to delay tooling up. Or worse, they have not yet designed a replacement, which means they will be behind the curve as others bring to market more economical power. Keep in mind, every market analyst worth their salt is predicting fuel costs to raise and remain steady in 2010.

The sad part is that there won't be a replacement V8 from Cadillac. The Northstar is our last V8. Future products will either be V6 powered or use the Chevrolet LS V8 engine.

That is why I traded in July for the 2009 DTS. I now have 1200 miles on it and plan to keep it as I have no desire to drive anything less than a V8. :):):)

No, I would imagine they are qiute happy with the LSV8 and won't want to spend a lot more money to make those changes.

I don't know about Ford or Chrysler, but Audi and BMW both have new V8s.

Glad to hear they will at least have a V8 option. I too like my american muscle; but the reality is Obama will dictate our choices as long as he is in power. Rising fuel costs will provide all the momentum he needs to push yet another of his big government solutions.

As for Ford; they have no plans to drop their V8's; the 4.6 is very close to the Northstar for power/weight/fuel consumption and they plug/play it wherever they can. But it too will need some tinkering or a newer version with improved fuel numbers if it is to remain as their mainstay.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom