Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

OEM Polished Chrome Grille

XFireXLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Gold Mist Met. XLR
I was at my Cadillac Dealer today having an issue fixed on my 2006 XLR, there was another XLR in for service that had an OEM polished chrome grille. I went into the parts department to see if it can be ordered and was told no. Question has anyone else seen this on another XLR and does anyone know where I can get one, any help would be greatly appreciated.

The chrome grills were used on special editions like the Passion Red and Alpine White. The lower strip below the grill will need to be painted body color. I can get you one.

Bruce :cool:

Bruce, will the lower mesh grill on the v, fit a std xlr. I know it would eliminate the cruise control. If it is available, how much would it cost?

I'm curious, akmorris ..... did The Boutique paint it for you???

Next time, post your request here .... you may be surprised how much less you will pay for your parts .... :D

I'm curious, akmorris ..... did The Boutique paint it for you???

Next time, post your request here .... you may be surprised how much less you will pay for your parts .... :D

I got mine from my dealer painted and installed for less than the Boutique price.

(That should get me banned form the other site :lol: )

I will remember that. I am starting to use the forum more. No, it was not painted and I had to do that myself.

Tony

I will remember that. I am starting to use the forum more. No, it was not painted and I had to do that myself.

Tony
Hmmm - well, when you ordered it were you told that you would have to have it painted?? :confused:

Yep ... you will do well to "shop" here on the forum..... Most everyone has a place to recommend for whatever you are looking for, and you won't have to pay the inflated prices. Or be surprised when you (finally) get your products .... :rolleyes:

Here are some pictures of chrome grilles;

From L-R Infrared,Blue Steel,Crystal Red and Xenon Blue (Tiffany's grille)

Bruce :wave:

Those are great pictures, Bruce .... thanks for posting .... They must be grilles that you have done because I can see in the "before" pictures that they are painted already.

The first 2 grilles are done and ready to be shipped and the last 2 are ones that I installed. RA, we need a picture of Lola's grille.

Bruce :)

Oh, yeah! I guess I left that behind on the old forum ..... BTW ..... anyone who is still active over there, it would be great if you would mention that there is going to be a meet for real in San Antonio so that any owners old or new, or those that don't know can have the option of joining in ..... Last I heard there was some sort of phantom trip planned for BG .... but it's never been posted over here, so I don't know that it's a for real deal, and I don't know if Henry is promoting San Antonio over there. It would be nice if we could reach the new people so that they can get to know us and vice-versa ... I would think that the thread we started over there should still be active. I can't think that there would be any reason for them to remove that thread. :D

OH. I could think of about 100 reasons if I'm counting the people that deserted the old forum. I ghost in every once in a while. I'm surprised to see Hans over there but "to each his own".
I'll make it very clear, that the XLR Boutique is a rip off and has not treated it's customers as if they want them to return. People had to fight for months to get items returned for bad quality or bad customer service.
Oh, yeah! I guess I left that behind on the old forum ..... BTW ..... anyone who is still active over there, it would be great if you would mention that there is going to be a meet for real in San Antonio so that any owners old or new, or those that don't know can have the option of joining in ..... Last I heard there was some sort of phantom trip planned for BG .... but it's never been posted over here, so I don't know that it's a for real deal, and I don't know if Henry is promoting San Antonio over there. It would be nice if we could reach the new people so that they can get to know us and vice-versa ... I would think that the thread we started over there should still be active. I can't think that there would be any reason for them to remove that thread. :D

What do the last 4 posts have to do with OEM Polished Chrome Grilles??????

Well Ruf is intitled to his opinion, but he wasn't one of the original six Blue Bunnys from Albuquerque RI and a little jealousy may be rubbing off.
As far as being banned, I could care less and as long as that moderator from Florida with the big ego is on there I would never return.
Thanks for the info, you did good telling me. Everyone should know when someone is talking S*^T behind your back or is messing with your waitress.:pat:
Just checked out the postings on the old forum and they are still in a quandry as to where to hold their 2009 meet since BG is closed and the XLR is no longer going to be produced after this model year. Nothing is being said about RIV being held in San Antonio in May. Bobo, your friend ??? Hans is over there as well as Your friend ???? Rufcar. Rufcar has posted a visitor message to Cadillac Tech that he does not believe you were banned from the other forum. You can read it if you click on Cadilla Tech, it will show you the visitor message. I sent him a Private message explaining that you, RA and I were all banned for life and he has never responded. Rufcar seems to think the Blue Bunnies are silly and has been making fun of anyone putting BB behind there signature. Just thought you might like to know. I talked to RA about this and was not going to tell you but now, felt it is time to let it all come out. First Robin

Oh ... sorry, Kathy ..... thread-jacking, hmmmm - that would be me again .... Bruce asked me to post Lola's grille ... and well, it just reminded me that I actually did post it before .... sorry :blinzel:

But, I will look on my old laptop and see if I can find those closeup's again.

Banned forever

Just for kicks I tried to sign in and got this big sign: banned, how long-forever, reason-none. I love to be hated.:patriot:
Just checked out the postings on the old forum and they are still in a quandry as to where to hold their 2009 meet since BG is closed and the XLR is no longer going to be produced after this model year. Nothing is being said about RIV being held in San Antonio in May. Bobo, your friend ??? Hans is over there as well as Your friend ???? Rufcar. Rufcar has posted a visitor message to Cadillac Tech that he does not believe you were banned from the other forum. You can read it if you click on Cadilla Tech, it will show you the visitor message. I sent him a Private message explaining that you, RA and I were all banned for life and he has never responded. Rufcar seems to think the Blue Bunnies are silly and has been making fun of anyone putting BB behind there signature. Just thought you might like to know. I talked to RA about this and was not going to tell you but now, felt it is time to let it all come out. First Robin

Robin .... see the WC .....

Sorrrrrrrry, Kathy ..... I promise this will only be about grilles from now on..... Promise!!!:wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom