Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

one quick truck

Mountsberg, Ontario, Ca., winters: Port Charlotte
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic
Our for a drive with my son tonight. He has two trucks, both are really well done, no hack-job stuff here.

His big truck is a 2010 GMC 2500 HD diesel that is lifted crazy high with 22" rims and huge tires and it it was not for the power running boards that swing down when I open the door, I don't think I could get in or out.

Tonight after I fed him a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner (yes, we crazy Canuks had Thanksgiving today) he took me for a drive in his other truck. That is a 1999 GMC reg cab that is lowered on 20's that he just got done doing a motor swap in it. Nothing wrong with the old motor just wanted a LQ9 engine, super duty tranny etc. So it was not so much a 'test drive', more of a test burn :mad: ....only in a good way! Once again it is good that he owns a tire store because on our little drive aorund our block we left more than a few twin black stripes on the road! (we live out in the country)

I took a video out the side window but when we got home he showed me this link of a much better video he did a couple days ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nrFY7wugck&feature=player_profilepage
Suffice to say he is really happy with the way the truck turned out, tons of power, added some heavy sway bars and says it handles like a snake on sandpaper.............I dunno, he didn't offer to let mom drive :lol: but it sure felt wicked. We were heading down the road at one point doing about 40-45 mph and he settled it into a sweet spot then stood on it & you could really feel it pull like crazy. Has a power cut out for the open headers, sounded just like the drag races. I asked him about the rwhp, he said he didnt know, imagine he will do a dyno on it sometime.

AWESOME videos (I looked at a couple others too :chuckle). Very nice truck he has there, Sandy. Would love to see the other one too. Thanks for sharing.

Very nice!!!! :rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back