Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Opinions on the XLR Net?

Thank you for the kind words - I enjoyed helping out and have passed my desire to assist Rob when and if he needs assistance with day to day cleaning and sorting, etc. I always like to pay forward!!! Life is what we make it. :naughty::cool:

Site is great, But

I like this forum very much. The only person missing is Allen, Mr XLR, he is really an asset to the XLR community. If we can get him here the old site is toast.

Well, I don't get the spend as much time here as some of you do, but I have to say, everytime I'm here, its like a PARTY :party:party:party:party and I do love to PARTY :party:party:party:party:party

I miss Allen too................;)

Who wouldn't miss the pretty purple posts!

I miss Allen too................;)

Who wouldn't miss the pretty purple posts!
PD been feeding you "nice" pills???? :D
But then, I know you don't want any competition with the business being done thru the Swaim Boutique .... by the way, I love the way you send bottles of wine instead of keychains when the orders go haywire...! :reddevil:lol:

So sorry to hijack .... just couldn't resist .... I'll go to my room now.

Oh Darn It!! I missed a golden opportunity to shamelessly promote the Swaim Boutique; which I really don't own or even have any interest in - except helping out my friends who are computer illiterates so they need someone to answer all their emails, represent them on ALL financial transactions, be the registered owner of their website, etc.

BUT - I am not, nor have I ever been associated with, represented in any way, or even really like the real owner of the Swaim Boutique.

BTW - She may be trying; but I spit them out - no nice pills for me today!

Just thought I'd bring this up to the top again.

If there's something you'd like to see here, or something that you might want to see different, just let me know.
we would be at the mercy of others without the knowledge we glean from this site and that's where the value of this site is,it's people,everyone keep up the good work!! Thanks to all.

I'm new here (since May 2013), but what is the actual number of members on this forum? When was this forum created? Whose XLR is used on the top of the site (the black XLR with after market wheels)? Also, why is that most members here use small pictures in there postings? Granted, I do however like the ones that are of normal size, but offer the option of increasing the picture.

So, what are your thoughts on the XLR Net in general?

What features, options or information would you like to see here?
I like everything. I tend to frequent this site more and more. Because this site doesn't change/upgrade like the other social networks ie facebook. So keep up the great work. :cool: great for questions/answers about our cars

I'm new here (since May 2013), but what is the actual number of members on this forum? When was this forum created? Whose XLR is used on the top of the site (the black XLR with after market wheels)? Also, why is that most members here use small pictures in there postings? Granted, I do however like the ones that are of normal size, but offer the option of increasing the picture.

yeah how does someone change the size of our pics? is it because of the windows/ mac platform? or just the kind of app they use?:dunno:

I'm new to this forum and also to another forum. After I was validated here I was able to enter a message. The "other" forum that I joined a couple of weeks ago doesn't work like that. You get validated, you enter a message then you have to wait for the message to be moderated before it is posted.

I'm still waiting for my question message to be posted and also waiting for a reply message to a section moderator. I've just about given up on the "other" place. If you enter your information, you are validated, why do you have to wait for someone to read your message and decide if it should be posted or not and just how long does it take for one to read a message and allow it to post?

Oh well I guess owners of forum sites can do what they want. Years ago I ran a Bulliten Board for many many years, and I gave it up once the internet was open to the world. You entered your information, was automaticly validated and you were free to enter your questions and messages. I didn't censor anything or anyone. But that's just me I guess.

Anyway this is a good site, the 'old timers' make us newbies feel at home right away and everyone jumps in to help answer questions.

I may continue to visit the 'other' site to read if anything new has been posted but as far as posting anything there myself, I won't be. It's too frustrating.

Keep up the good work, it's a pleasure to come here.

Picture size

I believe the picture size is dictated on how you load it to the forum. The smaller pictures members post are most likely downloaded from their computer, camera phones etc. The large photos are linked from another site like photobucket, etc. where their pictures are stored. Hope this answers your question.

yeah how does someone change the size of our pics? is it because of the windows/ mac platform? or just the kind of app they use?:dunno:

If you look at the bottom of the front page of the forums, it will show you the current forum statistics. We currently have 1,028 members.

The site/forum was created in 2007.

The black XLR in the logo is just an image I found on the web when I was looking for ideas to create a site logo.

Those small pictures you're referring to are called "Avatars". See this thread at the top of this Site Help and Feedback forum: https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/site...]-how-do-i-get-picture-under-my-username.html

I'm new to this forum and also to another forum. After I was validated here I was able to enter a message. The "other" forum that I joined a couple of weeks ago doesn't work like that. You get validated, you enter a message then you have to wait for the message to be moderated before it is posted.

I'm still waiting for my question message to be posted and also waiting for a reply message to a section moderator. I've just about given up on the "other" place. If you enter your information, you are validated, why do you have to wait for someone to read your message and decide if it should be posted or not and just how long does it take for one to read a message and allow it to post?

Oh well I guess owners of forum sites can do what they want. Years ago I ran a Bulliten Board for many many years, and I gave it up once the internet was open to the world. You entered your information, was automaticly validated and you were free to enter your questions and messages. I didn't censor anything or anyone. But that's just me I guess.

Anyway this is a good site, the 'old timers' make us newbies feel at home right away and everyone jumps in to help answer questions.

I may continue to visit the 'other' site to read if anything new has been posted but as far as posting anything there myself, I won't be. It's too frustrating.

Keep up the good work, it's a pleasure to come here.
Thank you! :)

Unfortunately, in this day and age, with how technology has progressed, "bots", spammers and hackers are like flies; they're everywhere and always doing their best to try and break-in. That's why a lot of forum web sites use various moderation techniques to verify that a new user/member isn't a bot, spammer, or hacker. All forum sites use different methods and some are good, and some are just way over the top.

If you know what you're doing, you don't have to integrate over-protective techniques that negatively impact a true, honest member.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom