Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Parting out interior of my wife's (new) XLR

Wife's XLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2016 ATS-V Coupe; 2004 XLR
Hey y'all-

I'm a newbie member of about 2 weeks and my story was that my fiancée and I getting married on Sept. 2, 2017 in Whippany, NJ and I decided to trade in my 2001 XKR Jaguar convertible for her Xenon Blue 2004 XLR.
After getting the car, we both decided she liked the Shale Interior more the than the Black so I will parting out the interior as begin to replace most of the pieces with Shale. My hunt is on and I and the dealer who is actually doing the work for me will be meeting on Tuesday morning with the interior man and go over all of it...what parts can be ordered new and what parts will we have to refinish or re-color, etc. I should have decent idea of what all will be available in Ebony/Black.
So far, I do some idea to give anybody a head start if they happen to be looking:

1. Gear shift knob w/Black leather.
2. Top Dash panel with HUD display.
3. Rt door panel. Lt not sure yet but I think so....TBD
4. Carpet-black.
5. Lt and Rt Hoops black.
6. NOT the steering wheel-can't find a new Shale one so far so the shop will have it recovered for me.
7. Lt. and Rt. A-Pillars-black.
8. Center Top Windshield panel between two A-Pillars-black.
9. Lt. and Rt. Seat covers, top and bottom-black.
10. 1 set of Ebony carpets with Cadillac crest-used but in decent condition.
11. 1 set of new Lloyd custom carpets in Gray and NEVER put in car once; right after they were delv'd, my finance decided Shale was more her color-Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! (LOL). They also have the Cadillac Crest with XLR letters just beneath the crest. They cost new $144.90; Will sell for $100 + Shipping. I have these mats in my possession since July 10th.
12. Lt and Rt. Black seat belts, complete.

*All prices except for Item #11 will be posted ASAP but sometime this week. I'm going to try to put prices NLT 7/26,27/2017, by Wednesday or Thursday.

**All items are OEM-, except maybe for item # 10(???) and have the original mileage 36,200 miles as on the car and all are in good to very good condition.

Please feel to contact me by text at 727-688-8739 or by personal email at well at: rivieman5215@gmail.com

Hope these parts can be useful to someone....

Sal

Last edited:
You may want to check on availability of these interior parts before selling yours. I know the leather seat covers and I believe the A pillar trim pieces are no longer available except thru salvage yards. Here is a post from CCClarke listing a few of these items. Since last year, a number of other items have become scarce as people begin to buy spares and others for sheer profiteering. (Click on the picture, it will take you to the post with a list)

https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...9-discontinued-parts-post67832.html#post67832

Sorry, not trying to dampen your enthusiasm, but don't want you to get rid of your items before you know you have replacements.
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PICTURES OF USED PARTS

sorry but it's taking longer than I thought to get the pictures out. :dunno: I've spent more time figuring out what parts to keep and not to keep. But I am almost there. I should have the pics of the parts for sale out sometime next week. I'm going to take pics of the parts while they're still in the car before removal. There might be a few where I'll have to wait to take them after removal-not sure yet.
Thanks for everybody's patience.

Sal/Wife's XLR :wave:

Parting out wife's XLR

I am going to have to delay starting the interior work for another week. I need to get most of the replacement parts in my hands before I drop it off at the dealership for them to start tearing the car's interior down. Finding parts in Shale is taking a bit longer than I thought but I having really good success in spite of it! I'm also getting a better feel as to what to charge for these used parts and I will be as fair as I can...nothing like paying a $1000 for a tail light for example. That's just greed, sorry but taking advantage of people is not my game-sorry but I have NO tail lights for sale-lol.

Anyway, hang in there for those who want some of these interior parts in Black.

*Last minute addition: I have gotten all the replacement parts for the interior roof so my roof liner and the moldings around around it will all be available all the down and around the rear window.
I'll update that list I initially posted as to what parts will be available sometime next week.

Anyway, I'm actually tying the noose...uh, I mean knot this Monday at the Hemingway House in Key West! WOOHOO!!! I'm actually looking forward to getting married (again-2nd time for me). I know, I know, TMI!!!

Well, ciao for now.

Wife's XLR/Sal

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry