Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Pin stripes

SJP

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 Radiant Silver XLR
Has anyone added some mellow pin stripe details to their X? Can you please post some pictures. Something I am considering and would like to see some pictures and get some feed back....Thanks

I have to my XLR-V, but it may be more involved than what you want. So just for some ideas....
2014_05_12--18_04_353711.jpg jack.jpg 2014_05_02--11_05_453700.jpg 2014_05_02--11_05_323699.jpg

Thanks Phrede.......Looks awesome but I see what you mean your looks more like a paint job, more than I am willing to spend for now..

PINSTRIPES

Has anyone added some mellow pin stripe details to their X? Can you please post some pictures. Something I am considering and would like to see some pictures and get some feed back....Thanks

Well, I'm about a month late, but just got my XLR last week. Added "cheapo" pin stripes with stripe kit from O'Reily Auto parts. Simple dual stripe. Just think these cars need something to break up the big span of the sides. Not sure you can see them in this photo - but maybe if you zoom/enlarge you can get an idea of how they look. Simple install too. Sorry about the center caps on wheels - just got wheels/tires put on last week also - waiting on center caps to arrive when this photo was taken.

100_1798.jpg

Last edited:
does break up the line,,,

attachment.php

Nice stripe Phil

I need to get some pictures on our stripes and post

Is that a outhouse behind the car? The bench needs to go out of the picture

Last edited:
Nice stripe Phil

I need to get some pictures on our stripes and post

Is that a outhouse behind the car? The bench needs to go out of the picture

Ha - yep, that's an outhouse - good eye! It sits right close to my General Store!:lol:

BOOGER BOTTOM STORE 001.jpg

attachment.php

NICE!

Rumor has it you only stock the outhouse with 1-ply TP ... true or false?

PIN STRIPES - Contrast, side of body and trunk

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hand painted dual stripes.....two color > silver blue to top and gold below. Each line stripe about 1/32" thickness.

Attachments

• XLR stable 5 A.jpg
    XLR stable 5 A.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 719
  • XLR stable 3 B.jpg
    XLR stable 3 B.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 704
I like them on the body line you chose. May change mine to same.
Really nice looking.

Thanks Phil,,,,,,,,,,we get lots of positive comments about the side stripe. Nobody notices the trunk ones

Your Gold Mist is growing on me. I had a '67 Firebird 400 and a '70 Mustang fastback in nearly that same color,,,,,always partial to it since it was so easy to keep clean looking.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, I think your on to something. If I go with auto zone pinstripes I can move them around to see what lines and colors that I like. Thanks I will keep you updated.

Thanks for the input, I think your on to something. If I go with auto zone pinstripes I can move them around to see what lines and colors that I like. Thanks I will keep you updated.

BINGO! I first put red stripes on mine but didn't like the bright red on this color car and went to black. Looking to find some striping in a deep maroon. Easy to put on/take off so you can try lots of variations as you think of them. Cost for these cheapo stripes is almost nothing.

Thanks Phil,,,,,,,,,,we get lots of positive comments about the side stripe. Nobody notices the trunk ones

Your Gold Mist is growing on me. I had a '67 Firebird 400 and a '70 Mustang fastback in nearly that same color,,,,,always partial to it since it was so easy to keep clean looking.

folks get immersed into the side stripes and the rear blends in with them - kinda like "zen" huh!!:lol:

Just a little late to the party, but here's mine. I like that it breaks up the lines of the car and actually makes it look lower.

Attachments

• _DSC9381.jpg
    _DSC9381.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 277
Just a little late to the party, but here's mine. I like that it breaks up the lines of the car and actually makes it look lower.

Might help if you put a coat of wax on that car! You might want to try Zaino. Heh heh heh!:thumbsup

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom