Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Question About Storage Space In The Trunk Area

soundhd

In the process of investigating XLR's for the purchase of one. Realized that there does not seem to be much storage space in the trunk area. Can anyone tell me if there is enough space either in the trunk area or behind the seats to store a folded up sports chair? (have included a photo of the type of one that I usually use at classic car events).

thanks

PICNIC TIME SPORTS CHAIR.jpg

In the process of investigating XLR's for the purchase of one. Realized that there does not seem to be much storage space in the trunk area. Can anyone tell me if there is enough space either in the trunk area or behind the seats to store a folded up sports chair? (have included a photo of the type of one that I usually use at classic car events).

thanks

View attachment 8459

I use a collapsible chair. The ones that have their own storage bag. Otherwise the chair that’s pictured will only fit if you leave top up. Then take the chair out when you get to destination then you can drop top.
11466d34457d28f9c68d32f4f83bf9cc.jpg
something like these that are pictured. Then I have a poster board that I use for when I attend shows. This fits just right and I can still drive top down. The board lays flat and has just inches to spare so it doesn’t scratch the back glass window. I use the right side storage well for my cleaning products like microfiber and car spot cleaning bottles. Then I have a collapsible table (legs come off) that I fit in the trunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2d503c56822563e5f542818137f8a6e3.jpg

I have two nice foldups we take to shows. One even has an 'awning' for shade. Admittedly we must leave the car top up until unloading, but when you fold down the little parcel partition in the back of the trunk, you have a surprisingly large area for stuff. We easily fit three suitcases, plus lots of smaller goodies, when we go travelling. When you get where you're going, unload the stuff into the motel room, put the top down, and GO BOOGIE!

Thanks for the replies. I did figure that the fold up type chairs with the bags will fit but they are hard for me to get in & out of.....my age is showing...... But a friend of mine owns a 1977 Ferrari 308 GTB and that also has very limited storage space anyway he found a chair kind of like the type I use but it folds up really small so I am going to borrow that when I go out to check out a XLR for sale not far from me early next week and see if it fits in the trunk...if successful will post the info with a photo on this section.

thanks

I have two nice foldups we take to shows. One even has an 'awning' for shade. Admittedly we must leave the car top up until unloading, but when you fold down the little parcel partition in the back of the trunk, you have a surprisingly large area for stuff. We easily fit three suitcases, plus lots of smaller goodies, when we go travelling. When you get where you're going, unload the stuff into the motel room, put the top down, and GO BOOGIE!

I think you are talking about these chairs

9a556a99f148d5ebc47e261188307773.jpg
. The description says it will fold up to 1/16 if it’s size and has its own storage bag. The bag doubles as a storage pouch for magazines and glasses. The bag can be placed on the back of the chair
e306dcbd1d68d2e1df1147189e143809.jpg
2118bee660b0b1594410b80839f2ef3a.jpg

We have two of those chairs, hawkeye. They fit perfectly in the small compartment, and you can lower the top with them in. They lay flat and I have 2 umbrellas that clamp on the chairs. All fits in the golf club trunk perfectly along with a folding table I found

Yes, it looks like it........from one of the replies it looks like it will fit........good deal.
The GCI Pico Arm Chair:
Link to that product's web page: PICO Arm Chair | Compact Folding Chair | GCI Outdoor

MSRP: $99.00

thanks

I think you are talking about these chairs

9a556a99f148d5ebc47e261188307773.jpg
. The description says it will fold up to 1/16 if it’s size and has its own storage bag. The bag doubles as a storage pouch for magazines and glasses. The bag can be placed on the back of the chair
e306dcbd1d68d2e1df1147189e143809.jpg
2118bee660b0b1594410b80839f2ef3a.jpg

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics