Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Question for Fireduck

josua

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Raven Black xlr 2009 sts4
I also have a avic 7200 nex. Couple of questions. Don't know if you've tried any of these things. Does the mic that came with the pioneer do anything without a phone connected? With an android phone and android auto connected (with usb cable) it says (don't quote me), "I don't know what to do with that command". Almost seems like the mic on the 7200 and the one on the phone are fighting each other. Have you tried Android Auto? Supposedly just about everything can be done with voice commands. It will make and receive phone calls, send and receive texts, and I'm told do you're navigation. That would be awesome. If you haven't tried Android Auto then these things wouldn't make much sense. Also, it uses Google maps (always updated through Google automatically), But the map graphics on the 7200 are much better. I'm trying to find out if Android Auto can use those maps instead of Google maps. anything?

Sorry, never used android phone so can’t be much help there. I prefer the pioneer nav over apple car play also. Only thing I can think of that I use the mic for is phone calls. Although I was thinking about trying to wire the XLR mic into the pioneer to eliminate the need for the pioneer mic but haven’t had time to play with it.

Android Auto works with android phones and iphones. Its worth checking out. Free app. You said you use the mic for phone calls. Just for talking or will it dial out with voice commands? Also, using the xlr mic is something I hadn't thought about. Most mics are alike, just a question of finding the wiring from the mic.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom