Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Question Regarding 2009 Cadillac XLR Interior

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
Take a look at the interior pictures of this 2009 XLR for sale. Notice the seat and door panel inserts. Is this stock, or did the previous owner have the interior re-worked??

2009 Cadillac XLR Base, $39,899 - Cars.com

It said sorry this vehicle has been sold or removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
Not sure but it looks stock to me. The back bolsters are stock for sure.

• Admin
Not sure but it looks stock to me. The back bolsters are stock for sure.

If that's true, I didn't realize that was a stock interior option. I don't have that in the Registry. :willy_nilly:

• Admin
Yeah, but I thought it was the typical Cashmere Ebony type of interior - Cashmere with ebony dashboard, etc?

Yeah, but I thought it was the typical Cashmere Ebony type of interior - Cashmere with ebony dashboard, etc?

After a certain year, 2006 I think, all cars have a black dash and toneau regardless of the rest of the interior.

I know there has been discussions about how some stickers say Cashmere and Ebony interior, when it is not two tone like this. The sticker on my 2008 says Cashmere only. I know of at least one Cashmere interior on a 2009 that looks like mine where the sticker says Cashmere and ebony. Right Graytoad?

2011-07-16-11h37m35.jpg

I know that this type two tone, seats being two tone and cashmere door panels was an option in 2009.

Last edited:
  • Admin
After a certain year, 2006 I think, all cars have a black dash and toneau regardless of the rest of the interior.

I know there has been discussions about how some stickers say Cashmere and Ebony interior, when it is not two tone like this.

View attachment 3914

I know that this type two tone, seats being two tone and cashmere door panels was an option in 2009.

Ugh...if that's true, that totally throws off my Registry statistics. ****!

Ugh...if that's true, that totally throws off my Registry statistics. ****!

Sorry, :(. Hopefully someone else will chime in to collaborate.

Please don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:
Sorry, :(. Hopefully someone else will chime in to collaborate.
I'm going to drop an email to my contact at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant as well as Betty Hardisan at the NCM and see if I can't get some clarification / verification on this.

I'm going to drop an email to my contact at the Bowling Green Assembly Plant as well as Betty Hardisan at the NCM and see if I can't get some clarification / verification on this.

It would be good to get this settled, even though I know it messes with your numbers. As far as I know it was never determined why they changed the description on the stickers of Cashmere interior cars to read Cashmere and Ebony. Not sure on the exact wording, maybe Cashmere with Ebony accents??? maybe Cashmere and Ebony???

Build codes

Ebony= 19I
Cashmere=31I
Two-tone= 27I

The 27I build code was not available in 2008.

Check out the VIN off of this one for sale with Betty. VIN: 1G6YV36A595600263

These are shots of a 2009 Radiant Silver XLR-V in Ebony-Cashmere Two Tone; only 35 built, but I don't know if the interior color scheme was the same for all. It wouldn't be too hard to recreate the seat colors. Just order a cashmere seatback cover and professionally dye the sides of a cashmere seat cushion. (They may be available for ordering.) The door panels could be obtained and modified as well.

CC :wave:

Attachments

• Interior 1.jpg
    Interior 1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 388
  • Interior 2.jpg
    Interior 2.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 338
  • Interior 7.jpg
    Interior 7.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 298
  • Interior 9.jpg
    Interior 9.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
These are shots of a 2009 Radiant Silver XLR-V in Ebony-Cashmere Two Tone; only 35 built, but I don't know if the interior color scheme was the same for all. It wouldn't be too hard to recreate the seat colors. Just order a cashmere seatback cover and professionally dye the sides of a cashmere seat cushion. (They may be available for ordering.) The door panels could be obtained and modified as well.

CC :wave:
Thank you ccclarke!

So what would the window sticker show in terms of wording?

Also, I got this response from Betty Hardisan at the NCM:
[FONT=&quot]RPO 274 – Light Cashmere/Ebony.
[/FONT]

XLR INTERIOR

Take a look at the interior pictures of this 2009 XLR for sale. Notice the seat and door panel inserts. Is this stock, or did the previous owner have the interior re-worked??

2009 Cadillac XLR Base, $39,899 - Cars.com

The seats and door panels look stock. How ever the color is not. This is very easy to do. Pant co make "Paint" for lack of a better word that you spray on leather or vinyl and you can change the color or renew the existing color. This finish is flexible and durable. and will look like original equipment.:wave:

Two-Tone Interior

Rob and everyone else,

This is the true two tone interior that was only offered in 2009. The pictures don't do it justice, but it is Cashmere and Ebony. In the V models, the faux suede was in Cashmere the leather in Ebony. I know this for fact, as we saw them at the plant in person in Sept. Of 2008.

Rob and everyone else,

This is the true two tone interior that was only offered in 2009. The pictures don't do it justice, but it is Cashmere and Ebony. In the V models, the faux suede was in Cashmere the leather in Ebony. I know this for fact, as we saw them at the plant in person in Sept. Of 2008.

Thanks cubby.

Do you know how the window sticker would read??

"Ebony with Cashmere Accents"?

"Cashmere with Ebony Accents"?

Don't remember seeing a window sticker, so can't say for sure. It may be marked as two tone Ebony and cashmere interior. That would be my guess. I thought there was someone on here with a base model with the the two tone interior.

Thanks cubby.

Do you know how the window sticker would read??

"Ebony with Cashmere Accents"?

"Cashmere with Ebony Accents"?

Rob: There was an earlier thread on this, started 12-29-2013, re 2007 XLR interiors. My 2007 V came with a copy of the factory- to- dealer invoice showing the interior color as being "cashmere with ebony accents" (and a code of "313";as I mentioned in my reply then, three numbers instead of two with a letter seems odd). My point here though is that the interior of my car is ALL cashmere except for the instrument panel pad and door tops, which are black (ebony). While my V is a 2007 and not a 2009, I am wondering if the same situation applies to 2008-2009 as well? Just a thought.:dunno:

Rob: There was an earlier thread on this, started 12-29-2013, re 2007 XLR interiors. My 2007 V came with a copy of the factory- to- dealer invoice showing the interior color as being "cashmere with ebony accents" (and a code of "313";as I mentioned in my reply then, three numbers instead of two with a letter seems odd). My point here though is that the interior of my car is ALL cashmere except for the instrument panel pad and door tops, which are black (ebony). While my V is a 2007 and not a 2009, I am wondering if the same situation applies to 2008-2009 as well? Just a thought.:dunno:

There are some cars with all Cashmere interiors with stickers like yours. Others, like my 2008, just have Cashmere on the sticker. My build code is also 313. The codes are the same, the cars are the same, only the wording on the sticker is different. This is not the pictured two-tone interior that was available in 2009 ONLY. ALL 2006 and later cars have ebony accents. Why there is different wording on the stickers for cars with the same configuration is a mystery.

2012-09-26-0620.jpg 2012-09-26-0621.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back