Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Reading Lamps

First Robin

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Platinum/Ebony,2011DTS,Platinum Edition White Diamond.
Tuesday When I got in the car at the Arizona Welcome Center my reading lamps in the rear view mirror did not turn off. I have tried everything but nothing works. After I turn off the motor and exit they stay on until the battery saver kicks in and shuts everything down. It is a little aggravating driving with them on all the time. Hope to get them fixed someplace before I start back to Colorado. Anyone else ever have this problem?????? First Robin

Robin, I had the same problem (the problem was me, not the car), as I was checking my instant gas mileage, I hit the button right below it. (your reading lamps). It took me forever to figure out what I had done..:pat::pat: Hope this helps!!!!!!!!

Thanks, I tried playing with that button, when I go out to the car I will try it again and see if it will work. Hope so. First Robin

Did what Doris told me and this times I finally got the lights to turn off. Thanks Doris. First Robin

Robin, I had the same problem (the problem was me, not the car), as I was checking my instant gas mileage, I hit the button right below it. (your reading lamps). It took me forever to figure out what I had done..:pat::pat: Hope this helps!!!!!!!!

Thanks!! I don't have a book with my car (dealer is ordering it) this was handy!!!:blinzel:

Thanks!! I don't have a book with my car (dealer is ordering it) this was handy!!!:blinzel:
I am late in welcoming you to the forum. Glad this helped, you can find just about every answer you need for problems you might have right here on this forum. Most everyone is nice and a lot of fun and always ready to reach out and help. Hope you will be able to make it to Colorado next year as I know it will be a fantastic gathering. Again welcome, we can always use more nice oldtimers.

I am late in welcoming you to the forum. Glad this helped, you can find just about every answer you need for problems you might have right here on this forum. Most everyone is nice and a lot of fun and always ready to reach out and help. Hope you will be able to make it to Colorado next year as I know it will be a fantastic gathering. Again welcome, we can always use more nice oldtimers.

You are right about the out-reach I feel very confident asking questions.

Thanks for your welcome (?).....:confused:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back