Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

News: Recall fuel modular .

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black Raven XLR
March of 2012, my 05 XLR stop running on me on the highway doing seventy mph, there was no indication that I was low on gas, had it towed to Cadillac of Memphis, they diagnose that I had gas, but one of my fuel modular was inoperable, thought it was a recall, they said the recall doesn't apply to my vin because my fuel modular was a manufacture one not a off brand, so I paid $2294.26, thought it was unfair, but I needed the part, now check this out , there are two gas tanks on the XLR, you would think they would replace the other one. Now on March of 2014 the same thing happened on the other tank, I called Cadillac headquarters and was told sorry, even though you have the same problem as of off brand fuel modular the manufacture fuel brand is not covered under the recall, I have the NHTSA, FTC and my state attorney looking into the situation. You would think there was a little justice for all XLR owners. Also was told certain parts for our cars are not made anymore. Just letting off some steam , really don't want to pay another $2294.25 ( labor was$1607.44 , parts $459.34 , GOG $$51.03, MISC CHG $20.92, MISC DISC $34.76, Tax $194.28 ) for the same problem the off brand fuel modular that is covered under the recall and my same problem is not because I have the manufacture fuel modular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your issue, and all it's parts, are standard Corvette parts.

You can get it fixed at any shop that works on Corvettes, probably for half that price.

There is very little reason to take the XLR to Cadillac anymore in my opinion, unless it's for one of the unique assemblies, like the top or the engine.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom