Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Repair Manuals availability

ron6962

My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR Platinum Edition
I posted a similar request at the end of another thread, then realized I probably should create a new thread.

I am interested in obtaining the repair manual(s) for my 2007 XLR. I have searched online and can only find the original GM manuals at very steep prices, several hundred dollars. Are there any other sources available at more reasonable prices? My need is to get the removal/replacement instructions for the interior door trim pieces at the top of the door, and the back panel assembly with trim behind the seats. All these trim pieces were damaged by rain water and I need to replace them. Plus it would be nice to have the manual(s) for future use. Thanks for any advice.

Chilton's manuals

I'm having reasonable success with Chilton's online manuals. 39$ a year subscription

Thanks. I did look at that alternative, and may give a subscription a try if I don't come up with anything permanent.

This is another inexpensive Genuine GM Service manual (Chilton's is not the same, though better than nothing) alternative. Copy and paste all the into you want into a Word document for a daily (or longer subscription) fee:

RepairProcedures.com - Providing electronic service information for 1995 to current GM vehicles

You will need to have a set of trim removal tools as well. Don't use screwdrivers to remove trim! Trim tools are cheap, non-marring, and a lot less expensive than having to replace a damaged part. You'll end up using them for all kinds of work on your cars.

I use this set: 12 pc Trim Tool Set

You can find some cheaper, but these work great and there's a wide variety for different applications.

CCC :wave:

Last edited:
Thanks, ccclarke....you are very helpful. I will look into the daily subscription link and see if I can get instructions on the trim removal. Also, I totally agree with you on tools....much grief can be avoided by using the right tools. I have a couple of trim removal tools, but the link you shared looks even better. Again...thanks!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom