Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

05reddyxlr

While on vacation in North Carolina I made the mistake of driving a friend's 06 XLR and was quickly "reeled in". Returned home to Florida the next day and started looking for one of my own. I found it in Fort Myers Fl and bought it. It had 30,000 miles on it and is "Arrest-Me-Red" (Crimson Pearl) and we love it. Before buying it I viewed this XLR site and was able to find out a lot of useful information about the good and the bad. The bad was the cost of replacement parts and the availability. The good was everything else. I think my 82 year old self will be able to enjoy it hopefully for at least 10 years if not more. My family on both sides are centenarians (my mom lived to 109) so maybe I will be lucky. If not, a great car to pass down. We live in Lake City, Florida. Hello to all, Doug & Kathy Smith

hawkeye372

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 infrared xlr
Welcome new Florida xlr owner. Glad you were able to find your own xlr. I too live in Florida. I’m over in St. Augustine/wgv area. I too own a cop stopping red one. Crimson /infrared or whatever you call them red colors. Here’s my 06 I’ve had her since 2012 she only had 20758 miles when I got her. Now she still has low mileage at only 70 k on the clock.
When not in use she’s kept in the garage on a custom floor. If I know I’m not going to drive her for awhile then she’s on life support (aka battery tender) I also just recently purchased a jump box. Because the last show I attended I left the hood up to show a person and the battery drained. I asked around if anyone had a jump box and the dwindling number of cars there was one that had one. But I do have onstar/caddie roadside. But it’s embarrassing to wait around for them. ESP when they just bring a jump box that you could’ve purchased yourself (myself). So now I just have to jeep the thing charged Encase I need a jump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

05reddyxlr

Hi Hawkeye, thanks for the kind reply. I've had my eye out for an "XLR" for a long time but didn't think they were affordable until I checked. Ours has Collectors Insurance on it which limits its driving but that is OK with us. It will live on a car lift in my RV Barn with a cover on it. We just got it Wednesday and with getting insurance, license plates etc my wife has not ridden or driven so that will be corrected in about an hour AFTER I check the weather for rain.

We, like you, cannot believe an XLR is sitting in my RV Barn. Oh, what a nice custom floor under your baby ! !

pure zen

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Crimson Pearl XLR
reddy,,,, Excellent color choice, and you found one with low mileage :thumbsup

ENJOY the ride!

:wave:

05 GRAND DADDY

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR
Welcome Katy & Doug to the forum and the world of XLR! Shouting out Hello from South Central PA, Love our Light Platinum Silver that as fast as Silver Bullet! We named her Roxy and she’s almost at 103k. Good Luck and enjoy some top down Cruz’in!
Wendy & Dan

05reddyxlr

Thank you for the warm welcome, I have seen some of your posts but am impressed that you have a 'wonderful wife' as I do too and have had for almost 40 Years ! We are still buddies, friends and love of each others life and NEVER go to bed angry about anything ! Oh, did I forget to say we have 3 beer fridges and LOVE our new to us XLR.

05 GRAND DADDY

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR
Thank you for the warm welcome, I have seen some of your posts but am impressed that you have a 'wonderful wife' as I do too and have had for almost 40 Years ! We are still buddies, friends and love of each others life and NEVER go to bed angry about anything ! Oh, did I forget to say we have 3 beer fridges and LOVE our new to us XLR.

Just had our 40th Anniversary February 23rd & this July 2nd coming up it will be 43 years that we meet!

hawkeye372

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 infrared xlr
Just had our 40th Anniversary February 23rd & this July 2nd coming up it will be 43 years that we meet!

Congratulations [emoji898][emoji324][emoji322][emoji323]

CNC

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Gold Mist XLR & 79' Eldorado Convert
Welcome aboard!

"Infrared" color is my 2nd favorite one to The "Gold Mist". Go figure? :wave:
Welcome to the site!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!