Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Replace Wiper Switch ?

Harley03joe

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
I'm Replace Wiper Switch I Have To Pull The Steering Wheel, BUT If I Don't Start The Car Do I Still Have To Disconnect The Battery ? And If I Have To Can I Use The 9 Volt Battery In The Cig Lighter So I Don't Have To Reset Anything . All Good Questions.
The Only Reason I Replacing The Wiper Switch Is Because They Only Work On High With The Washers Work Also Only On High, Nothing Below That No Low Or Intermediate Or Washers ?
Please Put Me On The Right Street OK
Thank All You Fine Folks
Harley03joe
:patriot:

I got and email from you about how to use 3M headlight protector. I never previously discussed this issue with you. Please do not email me about it. Thank you. P.S. I t seems that you should be emailing REXTER, I see on the forum, technical, that he messaged you.Not me.

you will need to disconnect the battery as you are dealing with an airbag. Handle it properly as static electricity can deploy it. Many manufactures do not recommend the 9v battery trick. Also that is enough to blow the bag in itself.

HI Harley0joe.

Repalr a wiper switch on a xlr it is not as changing it on vintage car, as only the steering wheel has to be remove.

I beleive that GM recommended to disconexct completely the battery, in order to play safe with electronic components included in this area for the service repairs of the components.

A 9 volt batterie is not wise, as the curent is involve with the wiring of the system.

What makes you say that it is the switch defective, was the harnest check for bad wire .

You dont seems to be skill, why dont you get it to your Cadillac dealer, they have the expertise the tools and they could update your car when analysing it with the GM centralised computer.

Having a air bag open in your face would get you deeply regret to get in an area were it needs the know how.

A Friendly advise.

IAN

HI Harley0joe.

Repalr a wiper switch on a xlr it is not as changing it on vintage car, as only the steering wheel has to be remove.

I beleive that GM recommended to disconexct completely the battery, in order to play safe with electronic components included in this area for the service repairs of the components.

A 9 volt batterie is not wise, as the curent is involve with the wiring of the system.

What makes you say that it is the switch defective, was the harnest check for bad wire .

You dont seems to be skill, why dont you get it to your Cadillac dealer, they have the expertise the tools and they could update your car when analysing it with the GM centralised computer.

Having a air bag open in your face would get you deeply regret to get in an area were it needs the know how.

A Friendly advise.

IAN

Ok the Cadillac dealership is a good idea thank you all for your feed back
Harley03joe

Why am I getting Harley Joe's emails about a wiper switch? I'm not Harley Joe, I 'm Steve lee. There is something wrong and I don't know hoe to contact the site administrator! I'm getting a lot of emails from the forum that don't concern me.

steve you are most likely signed up for alerts. That way when someone answers a question on a forum you have posted to ,you get an email stating someone else has commented. May need to turn off the alert button.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom