Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Retained Accessory Power (RAP) in trunk

MPRCTCL

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Crystal Red XLR-V
I've been scouring the wiring diagrams, but decided that while I continue to look, I'd ask y'all too.

I'm looking for a Retained Accessory Power (RAP) wire available in the trunk, hopefully near the driver's side rear. That's the one that goes off 20 minutes after the ignition is turned off. I haven't found what is driving the courtesy lamps; they turn off after awhile, but it may be a signal from the BCM which doesn't help. I'm adding a low-current accessory that I don't want to drain the battery when the car isn't running. The exhaust control module is easy to get to, but constant 12V.

2008 V, but I don't think that matters.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or answers!
Bob

Well, I got my answer. There isn't anything back there. The courtesy lamps are fed from the BCM. For now, I'll add a switch for use during storage, eventually running a wire back when I have things apart anyway for the backup camera.

I just ran a line to the back - its not a big deal, most of the panels in the trunk are press fit and pulling a wire from the passenger compartment to the rear is pretty easy

I just ran a line to the back - its not a big deal, most of the panels in the trunk are press fit and pulling a wire from the passenger compartment to the rear is pretty easy
Your'e right, of course, but I am trying to avoid taking it apart more than I need to, knowing that scratching or denting something means I'll just have to live with it. I'm going to grab power off the cigar lighter in the console.

Perhaps, but that could interact with the system that detects non-working “bulbs.”

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom