Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Ride control module

Coop

My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Jewel Red
Hi everyone. My ride control module got wet and I ordered a used replacement part on eBay. Upon installation, I still get the service ride control light. Does anyone know if this requires some kind of reprogram to turn it off? It was driving fine with the previous module.. And it appears to be driving fine with the newly installed one... Just can't get the light to turn off! Thanks in advance!

Did you try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, after the module was installed?

:cool:

Did you try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, after the module was installed?

I disconnected the battery during the install and then reconnected it. Took maybe five minutes. Does it need to be disconnected longer?

I disconnected the battery during the install and then reconnected it. Took maybe five minutes. Does it need to be disconnected longer?

Wouldn't hurt to try, with my Crossfire whenever I install something that requires me to disconnect the battery....for some reason after installation I have to disconnect it again (for about a half hour) to reset everything.

Wouldn't hurt to try, with my Crossfire whenever I install something that requires me to disconnect the battery....for some reason after installation I have to disconnect it again (for about a half hour) to reset everything.

I'll give it a try tonight, but I'm thinking it's a bad part. After a second drive, I can tell the ride control has defaulted to soft mode. Man, these cars can be a pain! lol Thanks for your suggestions,

Coop

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back