Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Right front headlight assembly

agreed

I explained in a previous post what I would do if one of my headlights got smashed. I wanted to buy a second XLR and bought something else instead. The reason being these parts issues. I fully understand the headlight problem is a real issue but I am not going to worry about it until someone hits me and I may get lucky and that never happens.
John F.
Several of my relatives do not want to drive theirs for this very reason. I let them know ,don't worry until it happens we have the tools, we can fix anything. even if it costs 6 million dollars haha. I still think it would ease the pain if The custom ones I have are on the car and the good ones on the shelf . That way if it totals you can fix it or when they pay you for the car then you can sell the ones on the shelf and come out good. What I first made look a little too modern for the car. The young people liked them but I see an older crowd driving the car. I read the average age is 55-60 who own xlrs Now I will hear from the 40 year old that owns one. HAHA

I looked on ebay, just for giggles. It appears that the $4500 headlight is still for sale. I understand wanting to make some money, but this is just being greedy. Shame on him! (Or her)
It's not just greed but selfish people taking advantage of a handful of people that will pay these astronomical fees for the opportunity to drive a car that isn't even a collector's item yet. Too bad...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

disagree

It's not just greed but selfish people taking advantage of a handful of people that will pay these astronomical fees for the opportunity to drive a car that isn't even a collector's item yet. Too bad...

I sort of have to disagree. Would you sell me your car for 5000$ just because you do not owe anything on it? I don't think so. Even though people pay $20,000 for used ones does that mean they are greedy or selfish to low income people who would like to buy a cheep sports car and should really only ask 10,000? The market sells sets the value on most anything from gas to real estate. I see houses bring a million bucks in California that would not bring 200K in Tennessee. Just saying,

I sort of have to disagree. Would you sell me your car for 5000$ just because you do not owe anything on it? I don't think so. Even though people pay $20,000 for used ones does that mean they are greedy or selfish to low income people who would like to buy a cheep sports car and should really only ask 10,000? The market sells sets the value on most anything from gas to real estate. I see houses bring a million bucks in California that would not bring 200K in Tennessee. Just saying,
People like you take the fun out of owning these cars. Brand new they sold for $70,000 to $100,000. People bought them because they were exotic vehicles. Over time the price became affordable so people like myself could have one. Less than a year ago these lights sold for $250 to $500. Before finding Vettronics I was looking at them online. Now here you and others wanting to charge $4500 for one??? That's not market value. That's total disregard, disrespect and extortion for people who love what we have.

People like you take the fun out of owning these cars. Brand new they sold for $70,000 to $100,000. People bought them because they were exotic vehicles. Over time the price became affordable so people like myself could have one. Less than a year ago these lights sold for $250 to $500. Before finding Vettronics I was looking at them online. Now here you and others wanting to charge $4500 for one??? That's not market value. That's total disregard, disrespect and extortion for people who love what we have.

So I guess you bought a couple extras at 250. Then you should have no problems. That would make you very smart. Porsche 356 cars could be bought 10 years ago for 10 thousand .They bring well over 100,000 Today. so I don't get your point. Parts go up on limited edition cars. Part of owning one. Mercedes s class headlights used to cost 2000$ now you can buy them on ebay for 200. So if we are going to put down people for selling high, lets be sure to call and thank everyone that is selling cheap. Oh And I don't think the xlr was ever an Exotic vehicle. Just a high price limited built car.

other used parts

With all the complaints about headlights and taillights ,which I have agreed that they are way over priced but not much you can do about it, I have yet to read about all the other parts offered for sale on Ebay and here on the forum such as seats, doors. trim. dash , air bags electric modules etc. These parts seldom sale and are priced 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the same parts for other cars in the same limited edition numbers. Other than the lights almost everything needed to keep these cars going is cheap and readily available. So it all sort of averages out. You just need to sell a headlight to make up for all the other parts you almost give away.

With all the complaints about headlights and taillights ,which I have agreed that they are way over priced but not much you can do about it, I have yet to read about all the other parts offered for sale on Ebay and here on the forum such as seats, doors. trim. dash , air bags electric modules etc. These parts seldom sale and are priced 1/2 to 1/3 the price of the same parts for other cars in the same limited edition numbers. Other than the lights almost everything needed to keep these cars going is cheap and readily available. So it all sort of averages out. You just need to sell a headlight to make up for all the other parts you almost give away.

Blocked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry