Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Warning! RUBBER SNUFFERS

Apparently they are out of them again. I ordered 4, and received a message yesterday they are out of stock and cancelling my order.

they still have them in Lansing .you would have to order from a dealer and not one of the online parts sellers. Lansing is working on minimum help and orders are taking 4-5 weeks . That's why online they just cancel as they don't want to order then have you cancel due to the time to get them. I have not been by to pick up my order but when I have them in hand again I will let you know in case anyone wants any.

Be sure to look around at different sites as shipping is all over the map. I called the local dealer and they were $17 each and had to be ordered. I saw prices online ranging from $3-ish to $6-ish, but the shipping was all over the place with totals up to $23. I ordered a pair (not the cheapest base price) and the total with shipping was < $13 from GMPARTSPLUS.COM, but YMMV.

I sold mine 4 for 25 shipped . or 2 for 14$. looks like I sold them too cheap. still have about 6 left

these have been officially discontinued by GM . There is no longer any stock or any dealer with any so dont waste time looking. you will have to find a substitute

these have been officially discontinued by GM . There is no longer any stock or any dealer with any so dont waste time looking. you will have to find a substitute
Gmpartsfirst.com still has them as active for $4.30 each.

then go ahead and buy some. HAHA That is why I put the information out that there are no more .tie up your money and get a refund back from them. Dozens of sites show to have them .They dont.

Hello all. New 2006 XLR-V owner here and need these bad. I can wipe mine away with a paper towl. Mine are melted just as you are discribing. This car came out of Phoenix, so it was subjected to some high heat. If anyone has some, or a way to get them, Please reach out. Thanks in advance

those sold out as soon as I listed them . Several people still have not paid for the ones I shipped by the way. Maybe this will remind them. Important item that is needed if anyone wants to jump in and make something we need .Problem is time involved will make the cost high enough people just want buy them.

Wow, you sent them and they did not pay, shame on them. You should have them pay through Paypal before you send them out.
I may have a solution.
My neighbor has a 3D printer, his son (11 year old) took the dimensions of the part and will make me a set, he's a smart kid and I'll pay him of course.
I hope that works, I will have to drill and tap the the 3D printed ones, I know it wont be the same as the factory part but at least it won't turn to sludge over time. Meanwhile my search continues for the original OEM stoppers.

dont waste too much time on looking as they have been searched for a long time .I ordered about 50 sets from Gm when they were back ordered and not discontinued. they shipped 30 and than discontinued them so there is none out there at any of the dealers or surplus. you can print them i nabs but they will be too firm and most likely rattle. hard to find a printer for a softer material like the rubber they were.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom