Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Rufcar saying HELLO

rufcar

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR Crimson Pearl
Most of you know me and some dont I joined this site about a week ago and I am still a member on all 3 XLR sites. 1st The name RUFCAR came from the car I own which is a 1990 Porsche sent to the RUF factory in Germany in 1993. The previous owner spent $250,000us having this built! 2 BTR's like mine and 2 CTR's were also built for the owner. The BTRS have single turbos with all wheel drive and EKS (thats a clutch pedel less option) which is you shift like a normal standard which has a clutch but this one has no pedel! It was a very expensive option15K! The others have 535 hp and 6 speeds. My RUF is a single turbo 468HP 450 Lbs torque and adjustable 4WD with built in concelled roll cage!It is now the single BTR surviver of 2 built. It has a top speed of over 205 MPH Not bad for a 15 yr old car!
My XLR is 2004 Crimson Pearl and I purchased it for my wife Adelle for our anniversary! When she drives it with her frineds she said she feels like "Thelma and Louise"! She also says she just hates it when the car is smarter then her!
I am here as I am on many car sites to meet people, broden my knowledge on the X and to have fun! I have several other cars and I am the National Pres for the Rolls Royce Foundation! I hope I can contribute something intellegent to this site. Thanks for your time. Jim Facinelli

Most of you know me and some dont I joined this site about a week ago and I am still a member on all 3 XLR sites. 1st The name RUFCAR came from the car I own which is a 1990 Porsche sent to the RUF factory in Germany in 1993. The previous owner spent $250,000us having this built! 2 BTR's like mine and 2 CTR's were also built for the owner. The BTRS have single turbos with all wheel drive and EKS (thats a clutch pedel less option) which is you shift like a normal standard which has a clutch but this one has no pedel! It was a very expensive option15K! The others have 535 hp and 6 speeds. My RUF is a single turbo 468HP 450 Lbs torque and adjustable 4WD with built in concelled roll cage!It is now the single BTR surviver of 2 built. It has a top speed of over 205 MPH Not bad for a 15 yr old car!
My XLR is 2004 Crimson Pearl and I purchased it for my wife Adelle for our anniversary! When she drives it with her frineds she said she feels like "Thelma and Louise"! She also says she just hates it when the car is smarter then her!
I am here as I am on many car sites to meet people, broden my knowledge on the X and to have fun! I have several other cars and I am the National Pres for the Rolls Royce Foundation! I hope I can contribute something intellegent to this site. Thanks for your time. Jim Facinelli

Jim:
Welcome to the site... I KNOW your wife (and you, of course) will enjoy your XLR.
Curious, what are BTR's and CTR's?

Welcome Jim, we missed seeing you this year. Hopefully we will get to catch up with you in '09.

Bruce :wave:

Ruf's

Ruf BTR's are Europeian Group "B" TR single turbos CTR;s are Group "C" TR twin turbos. MR Alois Ruf used to have to do full conversions which means: You supply a good donar car like my 90 then ship to him have it completly taken apart and then reassembled with his parts, his engine. Most parts are modified and then re assembled and also some parts are strickly RUF designed build. LIke struts, shocks, wheels seats etc.
He always did get and still does get "bodies in white" from Porsche which means they sell him a primed TUB! But he often build more cars than the few Porsche will supply him. His newest cars are 500K and up. MOst Ruf's you see for sale are basically Porsches with some Ruf parts.
I hope this helps. You can goggle RUF, "RUF AUTO SPORT", or "RUF BTR C4" and my car and articles about it may come up. Its actually used in the new "need for speed" games! jim

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom