Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Satin nickel paint question

I have been chuckling about all this fast colour B.S. :lol: (yes, colour, not color) so I decided to read the whole thread.

AK56 just wanted some help with the colour question in their quest for the dream car ..... then the strutting started.

Just so you know: I am with XLRATING & Rod on this issue: You have heard the saying "Arrest me Red" ........ ask Hatty about the validity of that term! Maybe it is just all of us red-car-owning-speed-weenies causing all that trouble! :burnout:

I have been chuckling about all this fast colour B.S. :lol: (yes, colour, not color) so I decided to read the whole thread.

AK56 just wanted some help with the colour question in their quest for the dream car ..... then the strutting started.

Just so you know: I am with XLRATING & Rod on this issue: You have heard the saying "Arrest me Red" ........ ask Hatty about the validity of that term! Maybe it is just all of us red-car-owning-speed-weenies causing all that trouble! :burnout:

Just sounds to me like you guys need better radar detectors. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

And oh by the way, the space shuttle has the aerodynamics of a brick, but given enough distance, it too, can break the sound barrier. :squint:

Boy do I know about "Arrest Me Red"!! :bawling:

Wish I had a valentine! :gap:

Attachments

• vethydrent.jpg
    vethydrent.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 187
A good old fashion color smack down! I love it.
Plus it bumps my thread to the top and Maybe Lola'sMom will see it and contact me. :lol:
I tried to send her another pm but she has reached her max space and it won't accept any more.
Maybe she's being inundated with offers?
Maybe everybody is figuring out how cool these cars are and it will be impossible to buy one and the values will skyrocket and I will compare this to not buying Microsoft stock!

Im off to drink a half empty glass of something.....

I'll contact 'Lola's Mom' for you. I know her personally and will let her know of your interest. It is a beautiful car!!

A good old fashion color smack down! I love it.
Plus it bumps my thread to the top and Maybe Lola'sMom will see it and contact me. :lol:
I tried to send her another pm but she has reached her max space and it won't accept any more.
Maybe she's being inundated with offers?
Maybe everybody is figuring out how cool these cars are and it will be impossible to buy one and the values will skyrocket and I will compare this to not buying Microsoft stock!

Im off to drink a half empty glass of something.....

Cubby

Everyone, everyone, all this color talk is not helping AK56 get his Xenon Blue XLR.

AK56, Those other color XLR's are fine, and I hope that you are able to see the Xenon Blue XLR in Vegas. However just remember the following:

1) Xenon is used in lasers (of course they travel the speed of light) so Xenon blue XLR's are definitely the fastest. It's just simple physics. :D
2) Blue flames are the hottest flames. Ergo, the blue XLR's are the hotest XLR's. Again It's just simple physics. :cool:
3) The term "Blue Streak" came about because it is the after image left by the Xenon Blue XLR's as they go by. That's just a fact of life. :dance:

I Just thought you should know.:blue:

I hope this helps. ;)

The future of the XLR is HERE! It's just not built yet!:jump:

New XLR.jpg

Last edited:
Rod, you've no doubt heard of "quick silver", right? Well, tell me, have you EVER heard of "quick red"? Nope. You hear of red fire trucks (not known to be screamers), and red Farmall tractors, but nothing about red (with the possible exception of a couple Ferraris...). Missiles are generally silver, and they really haul. Ever seen a red missile? Or Coors' famous "Silver Bullet"... They don't have a "Red Bullet".

:laugh:

Tim

Folks - I also have what's called "satin nickel" by other very qualified members! When I researched some touch up paint with a few companies, they came back quoted as "shale metallic"! Anyway, my best color description is "champagne"!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom