Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Side mirrors

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
This is a new one -
When I turn on the engine, the passenger side mirror starts to "click-click-click" like it's stuck in a downward or upward position - but it's not, obviously, because it still tilts okay into position when going into reverse, and/or drive.
Same when I turn off the engine - and step out of the door. The mirror will again try to adjust and makes the same sound.
Anyone else???

This is a new one -
When I turn on the engine, the passenger side mirror starts to "click-click-click" like it's stuck in a downward or upward position - but it's not, obviously, because it still tilts okay into position when going into reverse, and/or drive.
Same when I turn off the engine - and step out of the door. The mirror will again try to adjust and makes the same sound.
Anyone else???
I have been having the same problem. The dealor said it was my settings but I reset it and it still does it.

Fred:wave:

My Corvette did the same thing after a kid ran into the mirror with his bike. A piece of the hardware behind the mirror broke loose and had to be replaced. I would have your dealer remove the mirror and inspect the hardware inside to make sure something did not break or come loose.

I had a similer issue, turns out the guys at the car wash like to turn the mirrors in when washing. By tutning the mirror in and than out again it reset.

I had a similer issue, turns out the guys at the car wash like to turn the mirrors in when washing. By tutning the mirror in and than out again it reset.
Okay .. I'll reset my fob settings again, and turn the mirrors to see if they reset ... and if both of those things don't work, then I'll take the car in and have the tech check to see if it's truly broke. But, tonight, when Ray was driving the car (Driver 1) (hmmmph :pat:) the mirrors didn't click. So, maybe it is my fob settings ... doesn't make sense, but nothing surprises me.

Thanks for the info I did what you recommeded and mind appears to be fixed.:)

Fred:patriot:

...................because it still tilts okay into position when going into reverse, and/or drive.
Anyone else???

I must not be paying close attention, because my mirror do not tilt or reset when I go into reverse or drive or exit the vehicle. They are stationary. Is there something I need to do to get them to act as yours doe? Having them tilt when in reverse would be great.

ECurtis :dunno:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back