Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

So what other Cadillacs are in your garage?

BlackCatXLR

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black raven / Shale
So it's been a while since I posted anything after rebuilding my XLR. I've driven it quite a bit and even had it at a car show but It's always had an oil leak (go figure!) and it's kind of embarrassing driving around smelling like oil and parking and leaving drips so I finally took it to my buddies shop who initially helped me unload it off the transport and get it running a few years ago now.
He has it down there now as a work on it when it's slow project.
After using 4 cans of brake kleen on it to get all the oil off he seems to think its the rear passenger side of the oil pan leaking. I kind of came to that conclusion also when I first got it after cleaning it off myself originally as to me it looked like it was just weeping out from the oil pan gasket but I figured for sure it was probably leaking somewhere else and just showing up there but he seems to think that is actually where it's coming from so I guess we'll find out soon when he works on it. Looks like a fun job I didn't want to do, dropping the suspension and rack and all that to get at it.
I'll give an update when he works on it but since I dropped it off they were joking that since that is sitting there 2 other Cadillacs showed up for work, one newer Northstar on and then like an 85 Seville which made me wonder what other Caddy's everyone else has?

IMG_4574.JPG

IMG_4575.JPG

Kevin

So here is one of the few other Cadillacs I have that I finally got out a couple weeks ago after sitting for a few years.
IMG_4318.JPG

IMG_4316.JPG

IMG_4315.JPG

It's a 1985 Eldorado Touring Coupe Convertible.
Since in 85 they only made just over 500 Touring Coupes and maybe around 10 were made into convertibles at Hess and Eisenhardt it probably one of the rarest of that generation. It's been repainted red from it's original dark brownish color of most of the Touring Coupes but I think it looks good in red with the shale interior with the bucket seats and console.
I think there were probably 2500 some "factory" convertibles made that were done by ASC but I think these Hess and Eisenhardt ones look way better with keeping the original body line on the quarter.

So lets see some other Caddys!

Kevin

Kevin,,, It appears you did a fine job of putting that XLR back together (y)

img_3162-jpg.7819

In addition to the 2006 XLR-V, I picked this up during COVID lockdown as well...Same color as the X too.

Besides the CT6-V; the MkII CTS-V and the MkIII CTS-V I also am a proud owner of an STS-V and an '07 Escalade. You can see below the top speed of the CTS-V MkII taken somewhere in Germany a year or so ago.....

Attachments

• IMG_3278 (002).jpg
    IMG_3278 (002).jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_3521 (002).jpg
    IMG_3521 (002).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 164
  • IMG_2632 (002).jpg
    IMG_2632 (002).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 121
  • Cadillac CT6-V MR.jpeg
    Cadillac CT6-V MR.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 134
The MkIII CTS-V was photographed in Rome; the MkII was photographed in Punt'Ala near Grosseto (notice the left-had rear position light is on). This is a really cool feature found on most cars sold in Europe. When you are parked awkwardly or double parked, or parked illegally, you turn the engine off. You then click the turn signal of the side you want to highlight. This is a courtesy to other drivers so that they see you better - works especially well at dusk, dawn and night. One of the many features that makes driving in Europe safer than driving in the US

Attachments

• IMG_2627.JPG
    IMG_2627.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 124
Above are the other two cars - so in total it is 6 Cadillacs - 5 in Italy and 1 in Miami that is going to Italy. If members want to see other photos of these cars in landscapes that you dont ordinarily see I will add them. These cars and one SUV have driven the length of Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, England, Ireland - Republic and Northern; Scotland; Wales; Belgium; the Netherlands; Sweden; Denmark; Liechtenstein; Monaco, San Marino; Vatican City; Luxembourg; Czechia; Poland; Austria; Slovenia; Croatia; Malta; and Hungary. We had intended to drive to Kyiv this summer but that is clearly not going to happen - so we may switch it around and drive to North Africa - specifically Morocco and the very cool port city of Tangier.

Last edited:
09 XLR, 19 SRX, 11 CTS One of each and a 03 Thunderbird.

Above are the other two cars - so in total it is 6 Cadillacs - 5 in Italy and 1 in Miami that is going to Italy. If members want to see other photos of these cars in landscapes that you dont ordinarily see I will add them. These cars and one SUV have driven the length of Italy, France, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, England, Ireland - Republic and Northern; Scotland; Wales; Belgium; the Netherlands; Sweden; Denmark; Liechtenstein; Monaco, San Marino; Vatican City; Luxembourg; Czechia; Poland; Austria; Slovenia; Croatia; Malta; and Hungary. We had intended to drive to Kyiv this summer but that is clearly not going to happen - so we may switch it around and drive to North Africa - specifically Morocco and the very cool port city of Tangier.
Has anyone driven to Morocco from Spain? I was looking for some advice.

Has anyone driven to Morocco from Spain? I was looking for some advice.
well I drove from Spain to Tangier and back. Basically you just get on the ferry and before you know it you have landed in Africa. So it was pretty cool to drive an XLR to Morocco. I had planned on staying 4 nights with a friend joining me from the DRC (the Congo) but at the last minute he caught COVID so could not make it. Anyway I rattled around Tangier for a couple of days and then headed back to Spain - much more fun.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom