Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Speedo

napabob1

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Steel Blue
New XLR owner here. ('05) So tell me what is the significance of the word
B U L G A R I around the rim of the speedometer??

It is the Italian jeweler that designed the instrument cluster and key fob.

Bvlgari...

Suffice it to say it was the only thing about the car that my wife really knew...very high maintenance she is...that would be both...

Wow, that's news to me, too. I actually never realized that they designed the instrument cluster. It makes sense on the XLR, though. It's a great car, so they probably put a lot of money into making it look great. Does anyone know any other facts on the design of the car and who did the design?

Book by John McCormick

Wow, that's news to me, too. I actually never realized that they designed the instrument cluster. It makes sense on the XLR, though. It's a great car, so they probably put a lot of money into making it look great. Does anyone know any other facts on the design of the car and who did the design?

There is a great book written by John McCormick that you would enjoy with all the historical details about the Cadillac XLR. You can find it on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Cadillac-XLR-...r_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1265973520&sr=1-11

I think almost everyone on the forum has a copy. Many of us had our's signed by some of the people mentioned in the book at previous XLR gatherings.

XLR KEN :blinzel:

UPDATE: Sorry to see the book is out of print on Amazon.com. Also, none listed on eBay. As a last resort, they are on sale on the XLR Boutique website:
http://www.xlrgiftboutique.com/cgi-bin/online/storepro.php
(subscript; buyer beware, buy the book and run)

Every XLR owner should have a copy of this book.

Full of fascinating information and details about how the car came to be and lots of great technical details that really help you understand the car better.

Keep an eye out for one on eBay!

Hi Bruce,

I would be interested in the copy you have if it is for sale.

Tnx,
Steven

Bruce, thanks so much. It will sit right next to the Allante' book on the coffee table.

Steven

I'm glad I can help, I think you will really enjoy reading it. Every XLR owner should have one.

As I have said before, CADILLAC TECH is the best..........

Bruce, your generosity is exceptional. Steven, I know you will love the book.

XLR KEN :blinzel:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back