Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Stabilitrak Message and TECH2 fix

tom88ci

My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR V Infared
I had seen a few posts about this issue here but wanted to share my experience. At 14792 miles I got the "Service Stabilitrak" message on the DIC. There is a TSB on the issue - TSB #07-05-25-002. I connected the TECH2 and I was getting the C0561 DTC. The fix was to reprogram the EBCM through the TIS2000 using the TECH2. Following the instructions it worked perfectly as the program was passed to the TECH2 and then downloaded to the EBCM. The error message is gone and no codes are active. I have a TECH2 clone and so far it has done everything it supposed to do.

I am sure many people take their car to a dealer for this fix and pay too much. And I don't recommend programming your own car if you have not used this type of equipment before.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
I had seen a few posts about this issue here but wanted to share my experience. At 14792 miles I got the "Service Stabilitrak" message on the DIC. There is a TSB on the issue - TSB #07-05-25-002. I connected the TECH2 and I was getting the C0561 DTC. The fix was to reprogram the EBCM through the TIS2000 using the TECH2. Following the instructions work perfectly as the program was passed to the TECH2 and then downloaded to the EBCM. The error message is gone and no codes are active. I have a TECH2 clone and so far it has done everything it supposed to do.

I am sure many people take their car to a dealer for this fix and pay too much. And I don't recommend programming your own car if you have not used this type of equipment before.

I hope this helps.

I am seriously considering picking up the Tech2 clone. Doesn't seem like you have experienced any issues with the functionality. I did break down and buy a set of shop manuals already....now I just need something to read the codes.

TECH2

I got my TECH2 from Craigslist. Paid $600 and was not sure it was a great deal until I used it several times on different vehicles. I bought it from a mechanic who had just retired and was liquidating his trade tools.

I also got my hands on all the GM training videos for the XLR, ten total but worth watching.

I subscribe to the Chilton Online manual for my XLR. Very good tool.

...I also got my hands on all the GM training videos for the XLR, ten total but worth watching.

...I would be interested in finding out where you got the training videos.

Mind telling us brand or model of clone u bought?

It has no brand name on it. It has the TECH2 logo and it is in a Vertronics case. Most clones that I have seen were all that way.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom