Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Steering wheel control

josua

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Raven Black xlr 2009 sts4
I know people on this forum have installed aftermarket radios in their 2004 xlr. There is a 5 pin plug that went into the oem unit. Is that for the steering wheel controls? If so, what color wires connect it to the Axxess ASWC-1 adapter? The pioneer unit is in and is awesome except for the wheel controls. Axxess website doesn't tell you the colors. A little info would really be appreciated.

Pioneer unit

Dear josua,----

Please post some pictures of your newly installed radio, and please give us your narrative about the specifics of connecting, the price, and what it does that the original does not do... much appreciated... James

Frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve checked the wiring more than once.The 16 pin you connect the ASWC-1 to has to be the one on the cd player. It’s the only 16 pin plug. Still won’t work at all. Colors match up. There are only 4 connections. Three to the ASWC and a switched hot to the purple wire on the oem 16 pin. Really getting frustrated. Maybe try a different brand unit. If and when I get this figured out, I'll post some pics and details. Right now it looks like a bomb went off in my console.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom