Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! step#9 gas cap solenoid

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
I got a response to my thread on the site saying that the answer to my question was, "step#9 gas cap solenoid." what is he talking about? I'm 80+ years of age and I don't know what he is telling me, or how to find it. Steve Lee:dunno::dunno:

You'll get a far better response to your questions by posting questions in the appropriate Technical section. This area is marked as, "Site Help and Feedback" meaning it's for issues and help with the XLR net website.

I got a response to my thread on the site saying that the answer to my question was, "step#9 gas cap solenoid." what is he talking about? I'm 80+ years of age and I don't know what he is telling me, or how to find it. Steve Lee:dunno::dunno:

If you look at how this page is formatted, each response has a separator bar (colored line), with the date/time on the left and a response number on the right. Your first is #1, the first reply is #2 and this is #3. Commonly, the first post is also called the 'OP', the 'Original Post'. The OPer is the person who submitted that OP, in this case, you, however instead of OPer, OP is often used for both meanings.

Last edited:
gas cap solenoid

If you look at how this page is formatted, each response has a separator bar (colored line), with the date/time on the left and a response number on the right. Your first is #1, the first reply is #2 and this is #3. Commonly, the first post is also called the 'OP', the 'Original Post'. The OPer is the person who submitted that OP, in this case, you, however instead of OPer, OP is often used for both meanings.

Thank you For the info!! By the way. I got the door latch fixed by putting aliitle longer spring in which gave it more tension.

Thank you For the info!! By the way. I got the door latch fixed by putting aliitle longer spring in which gave it more tension.

In my view it is better to fix the root cause of the problem. A stronger spring is not really a fix, more a work-around.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom