Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Strange noise on top

Agitated Monkey

At various time I hear a sound on my top that sounds like a stone has hit it. Vary strange. Has anyone else heard this with their top? I'm thinking it has to do with heat when the car sits and maybe after the AC cool the interior. I have inspected the top looking for disbonding however it looks perfectly in tact. Does not happpen all the time. Randomly over the past few months. Only about 4 or 5 times. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I don't know if your hearing what I hear sometimes. But when the top is up it sounds as if the top is not seated correctly and when the car or top flex's the top makes a sort of creaking sound. What I do was run the top a cycle and the noise disappears..... it sure is an odd sound! Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if your hearing what I hear sometimes. But when the top is up it sounds as if the top is not seated correctly and when the car or top flex's the top makes a sort of creaking sound. What I do was run the top a cycle and the noise disappears..... it sure is an odd sound! Hope this helps!

Thanks! I'll try that. The sound I get is like a stone or rock hit the top. I was thinking the top skin was disbonding.

Well as much as were hearing about that now......I guess it's a possibility but let's hope not! I guess it could be just one area where maybe it doing that like if it's loose just at that spot that would make a popping sound!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back