Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Stuck opening mechanism on door to storage compartment between seatbacks!

Kennadian

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Crimson Pearl
The storage compartment that is between the seatbacks has this push button, then twist, opening mechanism. When I push the button, there is no pop out! It was sticky in the past, but I do not want to damage the lock. It is possible to pry it open by forcing the door to one side or the other while you pull, but hey it was not made to do this!!! Any suggestions?

I would try and pry the pop out out with a small screwdriver, etc. and then twist to open the compartment. If that works them try and put some WD-40 or similar lubricant on the pop out. JMO

I'd stay away from WD40. It's really a Water Displacement product. I've heard it can dry out and damage some plastics.
I would try some lithium spray instead.

I'd stay away from WD40. It's really a Water Displacement product. I've heard it can dry out and damage some plastics.
I would try some lithium spray instead.

Thanks for the tip. WD-40 is mostly "fish oil" when you get right down to it. I'll look into the lithium spray idea once I get the thing popped out and moving again. I use lithium grease on some other equipment that I own.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom