Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Suspension lowering question.....

And all this relates to lowering the vehicle how??? Nice hijack guys.....next time start your own pizzing contest about tire freekin pressure....:rolleyes:

I may be mistaken, but your original post/question was answered. Though hijacked, there was a lot of
good info added that relates to your original post.

I may be mistaken, but your original post/question was answered. Though hijacked, there was a lot of
good info added that relates to your original post.

Good info??? :lol: Ok....lets see how long we can discuss which floor mats to use in our wonderful XLR's....You guys should be able to run that one out for a few hundred posts.....:laugh:

A pictures is worth a thousands words

I'm a visual kinda guy, so I hope somebody post pictures of the process. ;)

Good info??? :lol: Ok....lets see how long we can discuss which floor mats to use in our wonderful XLR's....You guys should be able to run that one out for a few hundred posts.....:laugh:

Sounds like something you might enjoy and thanks for the laugh......

Ok, ok...I know too many questions from the new XLR owner....

Didn't mean to hijack your thread of questions but being new as you say instead of getting upset, just read on and MAYBE a future question might get answered.

:patriot:

Didn't mean to hijack your thread of questions but being new as you say instead of getting upset, just read on and MAYBE a future question might get answered.

:patriot:

Upset...?? What ever made you think I was upset...:confused: Actually I was amused at the bantering about a few pounds difference in tire pressure. :rolleyes: Especially on vehicles that are mostly driven on the street to and from restaurants....:chuckle Don't get me wrong, I love my XLR, but a base XLR is not really a muscle car. What I love most about it is the looks and comfort. Its nice that it will get up and go somewhat, but I don't think a few pounds of tire pressure is going to make much difference in the way most XLR owners drive their car. I just felt that the topic got way off subject, and the bickering was getting annoying...especially with such a mundane subject.

Sooo.....wadda ya think....Lloyds mats or something else....??? Maybe we should get to a real serious subject....what wax do you use????? Zaino or maybe Chadwicks Triple PLay system......lol

Upset...?? What ever made you think I was upset...:confused: Actually I was amused at the bantering about a few pounds difference in tire pressure. :rolleyes: Especially on vehicles that are mostly driven on the street to and from restaurants....:chuckle Don't get me wrong, I love my XLR, but a base XLR is not really a muscle car. What I love most about it is the looks and comfort. Its nice that it will get up and go somewhat, but I don't think a few pounds of tire pressure is going to make much difference in the way most XLR owners drive their car. I just felt that the topic got way off subject, and the bickering was getting annoying...especially with such a mundane subject.

Sooo.....wadda ya think....Lloyds mats or something else....??? Maybe we should get to a real serious subject....what wax do you use????? Zaino or maybe Chadwicks Triple PLay system......lol

Groits

Ahhh....so this subject piques your interest I see......I have never tried that product....will have to look into it....:(

Ahhh....so this subject piques your interest I see......I have never tried that product....will have to look into it....:(

Not really but you asked.

Well I did help me I now set my from 30psi to 32
As for mats Lloyd's are excellent I don't use my for daily they look so nice I you old for daily and new for car shows! Lol
As for wax I using Zanio's and it's pretty good but quite expensive
Here a pics to help you to decide
e2y8e2u5.jpg
sagupudy.jpg
evy6a2yd.jpg
edemy7at.jpg
ymupasaq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I would never assume to know what everyone else uses their car for, their driving style or skill level. I know I can notice a 2psi difference in tire pressure without a gauge. Not only on my XLR but on my daily driver too.

If you are bored by the mundane subject or annoyed by the posts, perhaps it would be better for you not to read them? Maybe it is more fun for you to complain:dunno:

In general this forum is quite congenial. I have noticed in life that one person can say something irritating/offensive and if there is no one to remark about it, it goes away. NOW when you get 2 or more people to remark, then you really can get something going! If you don't know who this is meant for then maybe its you. Personally I looked in the mirror and all I saw was an smart ass. Walmart mats, and turtle wax :laugh:

In general this forum is quite congenial. I have noticed in life that one person can say something irritating/offensive and if there is no one to remark about it, it goes away. NOW when you get 2 or more people to remark, then you really can get something going! If you don't know who this is meant for then maybe its you. Personally I looked in the mirror and all I saw was an smart ass. Walmart mats, and turtle wax :laugh:

There ya go!...:blinzel: Number one answer....:lol:

Well, lower tire pressures do lower the car some.
So in the Sunday spirit of full disclosure:
I run 32 front, 34 rear, air, not pure nitrogen
Lloyds mats
and I only use Adam's polish, wax & glaze on my cars.

I agree though, I use my XLR primarily as a Sunday driver.

Bruce

So back to the original thread. Was curious on how touchy those adjustment bolt are? If you look at how the rubber has conformed to the same angle as the plate it sites on. I know to take the load off the screw but wondering if the rubber will be okay in a different position? Or just do one complete revolution so it's in the same position? Don't wanna go to low.

In my opinion you wont get too low with just the adjusting bolts. I don't recall specially adjusting the rubber when I lowered the car.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom