Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

sway bar

steve05

My XLR/V(s)
05 xlr platinum
Happy new year gang,,, Getting ready to buy a sway bar for the rear, Ive noticed several threads on the issue but does any on have the best recommendation? I am considering a 05 corvette.
Thoughts?
Thanks
Steve

Personally, I think all the different sway bars that fit essentially do the same thing. I installed the one that comes OEM on the V and have been VERY happy with the results.

Happy new year gang,,, Getting ready to buy a sway bar for the rear, Ive noticed several threads on the issue but does any on have the best recommendation? I am considering a 05 corvette.
Thoughts?
Thanks
Steve

Going from no sway bar to something is gonna be a big difference. I went with sway bars for the z51 vette. If not mistaken the rear is 26mm,a z06 has 23.6mm,stock is 17mm. The thicker the bar the less dive/roll the car should have. Check ebay under "corvette sway bar" you can get front and rear for under 200.00. Happy cornering!

Gizmo has worked through a lot of different options, & there's input from others, here: https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/showthread.php/6492-Suspension-Data-for-Possible-Upgrade

I'm with MTROCKET, put the OEM V bar on mine, immediately noticed a big difference & have been super happy with it.

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure most people could tell the difference between whether you had the OEM V bar or the heavier Corvette bar. I would think that if the XLR engineers thought if the XLR needed a heavier, stiffer sway bar than what they put on the V, they would have put a heavier, stiffer one on it. JMHO

To tell you the truth, I'm not sure most people could tell the difference between whether you had the OEM V bar or the heavier Corvette bar. I would think that if the XLR engineers thought if the XLR needed a heavier, stiffer sway bar than what they put on the V, they would have put a heavier, stiffer one on it. JMHO

I guess a good question is what size is on the v. They reused a lot of parts from the z51 on the v.
A lot has to do with the weight of the car. And when designing a Cadillac I think their demographics were in a different range of people. You buy a corvette for hp,and performance. Meaning the people that buy a vet most likely are buying it to use it for its ability. On the other hand most people that buy a Cadillac are not intending on racing around and whipping corners. Its all what you plan on doing with it.

I guess a good question is what size is on the v. They reused a lot of parts from the z51 on the v.
A lot has to do with the weight of the car. And when designing a Cadillac I think their demographics were in a different range of people. You buy a corvette for hp,and performance. Meaning the people that buy a vet most likely are buying it to use it for its ability. On the other hand most people that buy a Cadillac are not intending on racing around and whipping corners. Its all what you plan on doing with it.

They have different part numbers in the system I checked at the Chevy dealership, but they both (C6 base and XLR-V) use 17.5mm OD shafts. The difference could be any number of things: weight, inner diameter or even paint color (yes, corvettes have different part#s for different paint colored sway bars).

I agree on the demographic rationale, most XLR owners would consider my setup too harsh. Luckily, the car maintain a fairly sedate highway cruising ride and comfort.

Personally, I think all the different sway bars that fit essentially do the same thing. I installed the one that comes OEM on the V and have been VERY happy with the results.

I too installed the XLR V bar and I'm happy with it. It sure made a difference and I have not done anymore than normal driving, but wait for this coming summer :D

Best add on I added! Could tell a difference on the first drive after install! I don't know why they only installed on the V series from factory? Should of been every XLR!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
" 05 GRAND DADDY"

Just order one from: https://www.gmpartscenter.net/index.php?p=home

They have a
coupon code
JAN10 to save an extra 10% :blinzel:

Part Number
Part NamePriceQuantityTotal
15806422STABILIZER BAR$69.501$69.50
20822934STABILIZER LINK$25.562$51.12
25933429STABILIZER BAR BRACKET$6.982$13.96