Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tall Person and Price of a 2008

shavdog

My XLR/V(s)
1993 Allante
I am 6ft 2 and I am wondering about legroom and headroom issues.....I live in a rural area so it isn't easy to just walk into some dealership and sit in one....getting ahead of myself ....a guy 7hrs from me wants 25k for a 2008 with 50k miles on it....new tires and battery and he says no marks or damage...I requested the maintenance record from the cadillac dealer where it is maintained...I was thinking more like 22k would be a better price...any comments on that...thanks...I own a 93 allante with all kinds of headroom and legroom and I know all about issues....thanks

I drove over 600 miles to see my car in person. For me I don't assign a value on a car until I see it in person. Seller is asking $25,000----That is only a starting point for negotiating a deal. It may be worth that or it may only be worth $18,000. Take a drive & enjoy looking!

I'm 5'9" so I can't help you with the comfort for someone 6'2".

I am 6ft 2 and I am wondering about legroom and headroom issues.....I live in a rural area so it isn't easy to just walk into some dealership and sit in one....getting ahead of myself ....a guy 7hrs from me wants 25k for a 2008 with 50k miles on it....new tires and battery and he says no marks or damage...I requested the maintenance record from the cadillac dealer where it is maintained...I was thinking more like 22k would be a better price...any comments on that...thanks...I own a 93 allante with all kinds of headroom and legroom and I know all about issues....thanks
I'm also 6'2". Currently about 205. It's not the leg room, it's the hip and shoulder room. Don't get me wrong your knees will be bent. But when I was 240. Wow it was like driving in a sleeping bag. For big guys it's not a daily driver.

1st pic my left foot is on the dead pedal. 2nd pic left foot is on firewall.

Attachments

• 20201209_094548.jpg
    20201209_094548.jpg
    759.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 20201209_094632.jpg
    20201209_094632.jpg
    706 KB · Views: 170
Is that kind of tight for you?....I would be somewhat concerned about that...my 93 Allante has all kinds of room....without the seat all the way back....this would be a just for fun car but comfort should be high on my list....I need to go find one to sit in before I spend too much time here....thanks for your interest ....craig

I have one customer 6'3 and 200 . he had no problems except the view out the windshield .The sunvisor blocked part of his view .We dropped his seat down about 3/4 of an inch and added tons of rooms .Its a lot of work and I would not recommend it but it can be done .Lots of ball players do the same thing on the vettes.

I've had several cars where the sunvisors did cut down the view and found it more of a advantage to
*remove the sunvisors and wear a good quality of sunglasses.

* Stored indoors for the next owner

I wonder if the XLR is physically smaller than the Allante....from looking at pictures the cockpit area looks tight...in my 93 Allante I have a storage area behind the seat....and all kinds of leg room and headroom with the top up....we're in Florida in March....I know I will find them down there....for a test ride and comfort check....I like what I see but am very uncertain about my size and the car as a match...I went thru ten pages of maintenance issues on here and to be honest I don't see any less than the Allante pages.....thats kind of too bad GM didn't do a better job with this beautiful car....

I think its more of a case of the sunvisor raised being in your line of sight removing them wont do anything. You just have to cock your head one way or the other to look under them or lower the seat.
1607716150502.png

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back