Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

TECH 2 Info Needed

Dr Dan

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black XLR
Besides the TECH 2 what else do I need to reset Top and others codes?
Can anyone give me a good source for a Tech 2

Tech 2

Thank you guys.... I got the shop manual yesterday I will order the Tech 2 today...

So I live in California, as you probably heard a couple weeks ago the weather was miserable here, I'm talking horrible there were two days of rain and the temperature got down into the low 60s (hehehe) but since then it has returned to normal mid 70s -low 80s. So I've been putting my top down everyday on the way home from work and of course all weekend long. Sunday night I went to raise my top and everything is going fine and then it just stops. The trunk raises and that piece that slides under the trunk won't move. The hydraulics are working and obviously the electrical is working. I hear the pump pumping but no more movement. I run to the forum and read 20 articles about 20 guys with the exact or similar problem as me. wild stories of leaking hoses, failed pumps, dead switches etc. But every time someone says try a "top Relearn" use the Tech 2 and do it yourself.... I don't got a Tech 2 so I start calling local mechanics ... nobody's got one that I know so I call the caddie dealer

I Called Martin Cadillac in Los Angeles. Spoke to the service manager, he said it could take 4-6 days to figure it out , " those cars are complicated and it is a big job pulling the top off" at that point I realized he had no clue, Thus my post

Hopefully I will happily update you all on how I fixed it myself inexpensively.

On a side note all you guys/girls on the forum have been great and a wealth of knowledge and information. Thank you

top relearn

this is the perfect thing for one of the many pros on here to walk a newbie thru. Make a quick step by step on the relearn. If no one else does it , I will buy a china unit so I can try it out.

I searched for that on this site and that did not come up. I had just found it by google search and was going to add it. There was also a very good video of someone on another site doing the repair but I did not want to post it.
wonder why google has better search of this site than the search method at the top of the page???

Depending on your search parameters. I put in "top relearn" in the forum search bar and the 6th item was the one listed below

Took It To The Dealer

So I caved in and brought my car to the dealer, "Casa De Cadillac" Sherman Oaks California.:). The Mechanic (Barry) knew his way around the XLR, Said he would do a diagnostic test on the top and call me before they would do anything . About 20 minutes later he called and said It was a bad sensor. He tried to do a "reset" but a sensor was bad. he also suggested changing the pump fluid. Everything fixed and running smoothly $240 parts and $450 labor (he also did an oil change and a couple other small things) with Tax 9.25% in los angeles I was on the road again for around $800. I swear the car feels better and drives great. anyone in Los Angeles area I highly recommend Casa De Cadillac, the place is beautiful, cleanest service bays I have ever seen, nice people, great loaner car and they did what they said they would do, finished on time , for what they estimated and fixed the problem.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom